• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

More prayer

Jennifer

Female
I would like to ask for continued prayer for my son. I thought he was improving, but things are not looking good again. I don't think it is critical to take him in tonight. I am going to take him to urgent care tomorrow morning. Natalia was scheduled to waitress with me tomorrow. I took the job with her even though I don't need it so that I could keep an eye on her. She works one day a week, every Sunday. The boys come with us and sit in the back and read, play and eat from the buffet for 5 hours. She will be going in without me for the first time from 11 to 4 while I take Ephraim to the doctor. She is excited, but I am a nervous mama. It will probably be good for her. She's actually a very good waitress. I am proud of her.

Praying!

I want thank you all for your prayer. We are currently waiting to be seen. The urgent care is full and the wait time is four hours, approximately. I am not sure exactly why God has allowed so many trials during Nathan's absence, some seeming almost too much to bare, from a death in the family, my daughter's increase in seizure activity, my surgery and then having to obtain a restraining order against a family member we were trying to help and changing locks. Those are just some of the trials! At this point I am not asking God to stop the trials, but it would be nice to have a little space between them. One thing life has taught me, the pain in life often brings us our greatest pleasures, therefore I have learned to thank God for giving me these opportunities to grow. The first night I took Ephraim to the hospital, I prayed we would get a good doctor. We ended up getting the worst doctor there that night!! Instead of getting angry, I recognized God had other plans and I can rest in knowing His plans are best for us. Perhaps He is wanting me to learn to speak up without depending so heavily on Nathan. I recognize Nathan does a lot for me and protects me from much and perhaps these trials are to develop me so that I can handle more on my own. I can see how that will be a good trait to have in a plural relationship. So far my health has stood up pretty well under all this pressure. That in its self is a miracle. I normally don't handle lack of sleep and lately sleep isn't always an option for me. I have also had to learn to swallow my pride and ask people for help. That's not something I am use to doing. Whereas its impossible to know the big picture for the these trials, I can most certainly see the smaller blessings. The small pleasures that I might normally take for granted, seem so much more enjoyable and bring me much happiness. For example this morning I was feeling stressed and worried. My hubby sent me a song he had recorded. It was the Elvis song "Can't Help Falling in Love". To hear his voice melted my heart and wiped my worry away. Nathan has a very deep baritone voice and it has always soothed my anxiety. My little one heard it and requested that I play it over and over for him again in the car. Ephraim cried a bit, but said it makes him feel close to daddy. Ephraim and Nathan have a special bond.

My prayer request today is not for the best doctor or for everything to get easier because obviously that's not God's plan for me at the moment. My request is that I continue to grow from this and not get angry.

I also have an unspoken request for someone else not feeling well today. Since I don't have permission to share, I will leave it at that. And my final request is for my daughter. She is working without me today for the first time. Pray God's hand of protection is on her and that this experience is a good one for her.

My body is so tired.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Praying here.

I appreciate you sharing. I have found that overcoming things we wouldn't have asked to face does make us stronger, and less fearful of the future. God is so faithful. Great is they faithfulness is my go to song that my heart sings in hard times.

They say that compounds in good chocolate can help your body/brain cope with sleep deprivation. Just a thought.

Jennifer, my prayers continue for you and your family. I see God wanting you to trust Him more and more, to the point of trusting Him more than you trust your Nathan, especially since he is not physically here with you. Sometimes wives depend on their husbands more than God. Not saying you are, I just know that it can easily be there, maybe not. These are my thoughts and may not apply to you. I am ABSOLUTELY not questioning your faith or trust in God. I can also sense you are strong, but God may need you stronger. Or, Maybe He's trying to say it's ok to Rest and know he's God.

I just know I had to learn to trust God more than Curtis for us to go forward during this process. I so wrongly put Curtis on a pedestal and felt like he was my path to God because he was so knowledgeable and spiritual. I depended on him to answer all my problems and tell me what to do. To always be there for me. When in fact, the struggles I have faced, I could only trust God to be present with me and hold my hand through them. The trials were very hard for both of us.

I believe He holds us in the palm of his hand. He is holding you right now.

Hence my name ... Beingheld.

Mommy Power! God has granted mothers with what I like to call "Mommy Power!" He fuels us when we need it and keeps us up and walking and going in adversity for the sake of our children so that we may bring them up in His Word and follow the path He has laid out before them.

The Lord bless your family over and over again and continue to carry you through your trials in how He deems necessary!

Jennifer, my prayers continue for you and your family. I see God wanting you to trust Him more and more, to the point of trusting Him more than you trust your Nathan, especially since he is not physically here with you. Sometimes wives depend on their husbands more than God. Not saying you are, I just know that it can easily be there, maybe not. These are my thoughts and may not apply to you. I am ABSOLUTELY not questioning your faith or trust in God. I can also sense you are strong, but God may need you stronger. Or, Maybe He's trying to say it's ok to Rest and know he's God.

I just know I had to learn to trust God more than Curtis for us to go forward during this process. I so wrongly put Curtis on a pedestal and felt like he was my path to God because he was so knowledgeable and spiritual. I depended on him to answer all my problems and tell me what to do. To always be there for me. When in fact, the struggles I have faced, I could only trust God to be present with me and hold my hand through them. The trials were very hard for both of us.

I believe He holds us in the palm of his hand. He is holding you right now.

Hence my name ... Beingheld.
So sweet to read your testimony and response to @ Jennifer.

Labs done, got food in my belly after not eating all day and finally home! This was an all day ordeal. My daughter did great at work by herself.
Please keep us posted dear sister. God knows right where you are and He has your back! Stay face-to-face and as you've been doing, find something for which you can truly rejoice and praise your LORD.

Back