• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

More response videos...

@PeteR Got some more ammo for ya! While laying in bed last night I was reminded of this passage. Numbers 5:11-31 - The Test for an Unfaithful Wife. I recall it being mentioned as a pro polygyny argument somewhere maybe once before. Something I think worth noting is that there is no opposing test for a Jealous wife. I would say the lack of a similar ceremony for the wife towards the husband has a lot to say about the direction of adultery as well as a mans ability to have more than one woman.

Last edited:

Great video! I expected to hear you say that God also divorced the house of Israel, so divorce is not always wrong (sinful) either. Ideal is repentance and restoration....but saying enough and separating for just cause is not a sin.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding shallow and superficial, being holden to Exo. 21:10 a wise man is obviously going to want the most attractive women he can get from at least a motivational stand point. While attractive attributes can vary, beauty is pretty much universal for a man. The saying "men fall in love through their eyes" comes to mind, but perhaps it is also that women were created to be desirable, beauty being their primary attractive attribute. Referencing Gen. 6:2, the main motivator cited was the woman's beauty.
Incorrect. Men use simpler criteria, not a one.

Would you make child with literal idiot? It's more way more complex than you think.
while men's is his wealth/status/ability to provide.
Again incorrect. It is far more complex than you think. If provision is most important why Besos, Musk, Gates etc.... are surronded by model. None of their wives looks very impressive.

And women are smarter. They go to traits which signify ability to generate wealth, not your current wealth. She and her children are doomed if CurrentWealthGuy makes bad investmenta, loses everything and has no idea how to get back. That is straight to homeless in two years.

I'm sad to say, but Christians are most hopeless group when it comes how sexuality in humans actually functions. We have Bible, we know everything. And they never check how their ideas actually function in reality. Consequence is mass delusion.

For example, Bible commands bravery. Successful bravery generates confidence, assertivness, dominance. All traits which do make women horny. But you never hear this in sermon because Christians are too blind to connect dots.

No, all we hear is provision which women do like because it insures survival of them and children, but doesn't make them desiring of good romping. So we have existence of dead bedroom in Christdom. How is that possible? Because Christians believe lies about sexuality.

So practically @RemnantResilience's post is problematic because one key assumption isn't correct.

I'm sad to say, but Christians are most hopeless group when it comes how sexuality in humans actually functions. We have Bible, we know everything. And they never check how their ideas actually function in reality.

This I agree with very much. But this isn't just limited to Christians it is most people who really don't understand sexuality and how it can be a very constructive part of keeping a marriage together.

It's not like we get married and take vows of celibacy yet so many people act as if that's what happens.

Real killer isn't wedding cake, but husband who thinks no more effort is needed.
It happens from both sides, that’s why the possibility of polygyny is such a game changer.

Our favorite punching bag...

And, comments are hilarious. .

I'm trying not to be mean here, but why does he sound like he's gay? My first thought was that he's gay, he has the gay voice. But he speaks quite strongly against homosexuality.
Is it lack of testosterone?
Probably. Our 11 year old daughter thought he sounded gay too!

@PeteR I noticed something recently in one of your shorts that I had not noticed before. Most translations of 1 Cor 6:9 completely leave effeminate men off the list. I am assuming to instead include it as covered by the listing of homosexuality. However in the original text there is a clear distinction between the two, that is not in most translations.

Some English translations use the words homosexuals and  sodomites. The first word is from μαλακοὶ and it is the word referring to effeminate men. Cheers
Right, which is covered by the next sentence, and is in every translation I looked at, but only KJV and NASB had effeminate and homosexuals as two different listings.

Here are a couple more..

Back