• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Muslim Polygamy in the UK

Shibboleth

Seasoned Member
Male
Muslim Polygamy in the UK.

I haven't finished watching it yet, but I thought this half-hour video about the state of PM in the UK (in the context of mass immigration) might be of interest. The commentator, of course, takes a strongly anti view, due to moral outrage, the impact to state welfare, and general anti-multiculturalism.

Last edited:
wow! thanks!
how does that apply now to citizens of the US?
who would prosecute?
how does that square with religious freedom?
do those who practice fornication without marriage have more "rights" than one who has religious conviction? how sad to consider.

who would prosecute?
I do not know but I have and hour or so to kill so I'll look it up for you.
It doesn't. It denies it. The state does not recognize marriage as a religious mandate. Only as a social contract.
do those who practice fornication without marriage have more "rights" than one who has religious conviction? how sad to consider.
You said it.

who would prosecute
For an US citizen state bigamy laws would apply

The immigrant wife who marries a US citizen in the US (this as close as I can find for what would happen to a immigrant spouse)

Thus where the statute does not include criminal intent as an element and permits a
conviction based on a bigamous marriage arising from an honest mistake of fact,
there can be no finding of a crime of moral turpitude.
In reality, bigamy convictions in the United States are uncommon in
contemporary times. For noncitizens in a polygamous marriage, the issue of
bigamy as a crime of moral turpitude is most likely to come up in the context of
an admission of facts that constitute the elements of the crime of bigamy during
interactions with immigration officials. Such statements could result in a
finding of inadmissibility under Section 212(a)(2)(A) or deportability under
Section 237(A)(2). However, determining whether the admissions constitute the
elements of the crime of bigamy depends upon the law of the state in which the
crime occurred.

Pg 433 for more details

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1371&context=bjil&ved=0ahUKEwj6iL_th6bXAhUC0YMKHXHBBMQQFghcMAc&usg=AOvVaw0Cl4zW9Frb-TTNWHgrUXyg

who would prosecute?
Bigamy is a crime in all 50 states, and is prosecuted by the state governments. It is only a federal matter as it pertains to immigration (as in this context), or some kind of racketeering (like transporting underage girls across state lines), or something else like that.

Then the question of posing as husband and wives socially but not in a legal way? Would a state prosecute as polygamy, or would it take a spouse to push the issue?

Step one is not seeking the state marriage license that is de facto evidence of bigamous intent. Then, whether you 'pose' as husband and wife will be a function of the laws of your jurisdiciton.

Generally, the state is not going to go after anyone without a complaining witness, which could be a spouse but wouldn't have to be. The most recent bigamy prosecution in Texas (of which I'm aware, happened a few years ago, haven't checked since then) was a guy who was going through a divorce, met someone, got married before divorce was final, then reconciled with first wife and didn't tell either woman. When first wife noticed weird expenses in hubby's checkbook, she figured out what was going on and was livid. When she told second wife, they both were. I don't know who ratted him out, but he got prosecuted and convicted. Don't be that guy.

wow! thanks!
who would prosecute?
Beast license from what I can see, is beast contract and gives it jurisdiction. God doesn't ask people to do that. We sometimes adopt bad traditions without realizing it.

Back