• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My husband needs prayer due to illness

nellie

My husband and I love the Lord and have been saved and baptized. Recently my husband has became very ill. He is one that doesn't like to go to the doctor, but he ask me to make an appointment for him with my family doctor. When the doctor examined him she felt a knot in his abdomen, due to his history of having a hernia over his navel, she felt that it may have been another hernia. She ordered a CT scan with and without contrast. Well, our insurance decided that they didn't want to pay for the test, but they finally okayed a CT scan without the contrast. On the scan it showed that he has a 3x2 cm lesion on his liver, pancreatitis of the head of his pancreas, enlarged spleen, and ascites on liver and spleen. He is in a lot of pain, he has lost 30 in 3 months, he can't work due to the pain. Now he has to go through another CT scan with contrast. The drink he has to drink is horrible and makes him nauseated. Please pray for us. I am disabled due to a horrible back. We appreciate the prayers. In christian love, Byron and Nellie Weeks

Praying for you both Nellie. Physical problems seem so immediate and overwhelming. I do not want to make light of pain, but want to help us all to remember, God is greater than any pain, any diagnosis and any disease. Keep looking to Him, no matter how dark it may seem at times.

Hi Nellie,
May God hold your hands as you go through this. May He guard your hearts and minds during all of it. I just prayed to Him for you...
--Kelly

My prayers are with you both. What a lot to take in and deal with at once. I am so sorry. Keep your eyes on HIm and he will give you the wisdom and strenght you need.

blessings,
Julieb

Would like to thank you for your prayers and your words of encouragement. Went to church this morning for our Harvest Service. It was a wonderful service, we had lunch afterwards. My husband ate more food, which wasn't that much, then he has in about a month. Praise God for that. We continue to pray for God's strength to help us with what may lie ahead. Will update you with how he is doing in the coming days. Thank you so much!

Certainly have you and your husband in prayer, Nellie. It is times like this when we realize how far away from each other we are. But, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both and I send a big e-hug.

Julie

Back