• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My Husband...

Seeking Great Pearl

Real Person
Female

Last edited:
Deborah: I rejoice with you and praise God for His mercy toward you.

May He most richly bless you, your husband and your family!

*Gulp* :oops: :oops:

Deborah, you sure do give a guy something to live up to!
I am unworthy, but will do my best.

Lovely post Deborah, thank you for sharing. :)
I'm a first wife of 17 years, and I can certainly see the wisdom in what you write. In my experience it is being certain you are in God's will in the first place, that gets you through those first years of getting to know each other. This is why I tell everyone contemplating marriage they need to wait as long as it takes to be SURE! For us that was only three months.

I have a husband that is everything I wanted and then some, and I have long marveled at God's goodness in bringing me such a wonderful man (he moved in next door). One of the things I appreciate about him is his willingness to be a father. We have a large family already, and recently heard we are having triplets. I have told God many times I would take whatever He wanted to give us.....I never expected three at once, but it is a reality we are fast adjusting to. When I see other mothers with two or three children who want more, but their husbands don't, I thank God for a man who loves his children and sees them as gifts, rather then burdens.
I wish everyone could be married to their best friend, and have someone they never tired of spending time with, who never tired of them. We love studying the Bible, time spent together as a family, and anything else we can do together.
I have no idea really what God has in mind for our future regarding a possible second wife, but just understanding the Biblical nature of such a family dynamic has been a blessing already.

Thanks again for sharing. I hope your testimony reaches many who didn't know or believe it was possible for ladies to be happy sharing.

Jolene

What an authentic, inspiring testimony to your love story. You sound as though you're every bit as in love and excited for your future as I remember you were the day of your wedding. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Your correct in that so much of what mainstream America hears about Polygamy via the media and the events they seem to find "news worthy" weaves negative undertones in how so many view Biblical Marriage and that is truly sad. Even within our demographic it's difficult to hear of those who have supported and embraced it for years only to have an incredibly jarring experience and begin to reconsider their convictions or totally abandon even the possibility that the investment of time, effort and self could be worth it.

Whether someone chooses monogamy or polygamy - marriage is hard work. It's a commitment that you make to never stop working on. Polygamy comes with it's own unique set of challenges. However, with that it comes with exponential blessings. How can we have growth without struggle? I'm proud of you in the midst of struggle for continuing to put one foot in front of the other and keeping your eyes on the prize. God doesn't always give us what we want -- but He *always* gives us what we need. Amen! Girlfriend, you got both!! You are right where you are meant to be. All the hurtful struggles you spoke of from your past have contributed to the woman you've evolved into today and you aren't done yet.

What you've done here is plant a seed. It gives others the opportunity to think about the blessing their husband has been to them and their families. It's a reminder that in order to grow, a seed needs sunlight, nourishment and care. It's important to pray for Husbands, inspire them, encourage them and extend to them the grace and gratitude that can sometimes unintentionally be overlooked during the busy hustle and bustle of daily life.

It looks as though you put a lot of time and thought into your discussion topic. Thank you. Thank you for the reminder that challenge and even struggle isn't uncommon within marriage. In fact, without it there's no growth. Thank you for the reminder that it's important to share and demonstrate that polygamy does create healthy, happy families.

I'm so happy that you've finally found your rock and that you're so happy and at peace.

Blessings to You, Steve & Ali! ♡

Last edited:
This is a tender and transparent post, about which near volumes could be written with every sentence. I can say as the first wife, it is all true!We are married to a remarkable man, and he is perfect for both of us. (Not a perfect guy, mind you, but perfect for both of us, and we are very different. :) ) If there is one thing about which I have been "blown away," it has been the wisdom from on high that has rested upon Steve as he "Magoo-s" his way through. (For those of you who aren't familiar with Mr. Magoo, he was a cartoon character in the '60s who had poor eyesight, and bumbled and stumbled thru life, and somehow everything turned out ok. In our family, when we say, "I'm just Magooing, here," it means we are doing our best to follow our Shepherd, even when we are clueless.)
We are indeed blessed womenfolk, and are grateful for our husband and each other.

Back