• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My journey

woodysgang

I have been browsing BF for over a yr and have learned so much. I feel the need to tell others about my journey and were we are right now.
My sw and I have been best friends since the 3rd grade. We met our husband in 1996 and new that we would live pm from the start. No we were not raised in the pm life style and were very terrified about what people would think. My first child was born in the beginning of 1998 and when SW became pregnant shortly after things began to change. She was very worried what her mother and family would think and how we would explain our family to them. To make a long story short she decided to leave us although my DH remained active in the child life. In 2006 it became necessary for our part of the family to move to another state and life became quit difficult for SW. She legaly married someone else then divorced. She became pregnant, gave the baby up for adoption and then became involved in drugs. We remained in contact but never knew of all her struggles. When the Lord made it possible for us to come back to our home town she made it very clear that she was willing and ready to be a part of our family. We have been back over a yr and have moyved into one home. She has left the oldest child with her mom in another school district and this causes strife between the kids. Our discipline tactics are totally different and all the kids feel that the others are treated differently. At this time I am wondering if we are being used and lied to. I pray that I am wrong gotta go for now right more later

What makes you think you may be being used and lied to?

I must point out that in taking her back your husband could be going against Deuteronomy 24:1-4, which states that a divorced woman who remarries may not then return to her first husband. This depends on his perception of the initial separation. If from his perspective he had completely divorced her at that point, then her returning could be a problem. If he did not wish her to leave, continued to consider her his wife, and felt the entire legal marriage in the middle was an act of adultery that he is willing to show mercy and forgive her for, then he may be fine taking her back.

This seems to be a minor detail in the laws. However I expect it is there for a good reason, to guide people in complicated situations towards the best solution. The situation you are in sounds very messy, and possibly it shouldn't be occurring at all. It may be that she should be reconciling herself with her second husband rather than your husband. I am not saying this is definitely the case - I don't know the details of your situation, this is a matter for your husband to work out. But it is a point that is worth thinking about.

Hi Woodys Gang,

How are things going? I have been thinking of you all since you last came to the Ladies chat. I hope some answers have been found for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

With hope for the future...

Oops, sorry for posting in ladies only. It's so easy to do that accidentally when you use the "active topics" view to browse the forum.

Back