• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My Journey

AmorInVeritate7

Female
My name is Yvonne. Wife for 17 years and mother of 6.

I grew up in a broken home where both parents divorced and remarried. The eldest child.

Had a somewhat emotionally unavailable dad and a narcissistic neglectful mom. A stepmom who never got past her abandonment issues and further enabled my dad to pushing me aside.

Finally the worst of all was my stepfather, who pretended to be a caring father figure that ended up stealing my innocence for 11 years from 8 to 17.

I could write a short novel on certain aspects of these struggles, but I can say as a woman that these are things reflect what could be the blockage for women or even young girls reaching our true potential.

I've barely had fights with my husband at all until we've stumbled upon the truth when it comes to polygyny.

Sadly my husband has been the only man who has made me feel safe like a father does for his daughter which I didn't have growing up. Who has went beyond and listened and cared so much for me that it even was something I had to get used to because I grew up starving for it.

He is my home where my soul feels it can be bare and vulnerable because he knows every part of who I am.

It is too because of my perfectionism and the feeling of him trading me in that I get angry, scared, and sad. Which I understand through our discussions extensively of polygyny that he is also doing this so I can have more emotional support too.

We also are wanting to grow our family, but since I'm also almost 40, I am anemic and want to not take the risk of passing away or losing a child. I want to be there for any children born into the family from a future sisterwife.

I know part of my jealousy is tied to what was put in front of me in the modern world and my messed up upbringing didn't help.

After coming to this forum, I am realizing how deep the Biblical rabbit hole goes. It's the deepest one my husband and I have ever gone.

My husband and I came together to make a home we wanted growing up for ourselves and children we would have. We have a no-tolerence policy for spiritually toxic influences from having a huge distain towards the issues from our dysfunctional childhoods.

Our journey has been to learn as much truth as possible. I admit it has been uncomfortable to realize we've been lied to about how life is supposed to be lived and the true purpose of our humanity.

It took a lot of guts to share a story that personal (and traumatic). I'm sort of new here myself, but I'm honored to welcome you.
Thank you. 😊 It is hard to find true acceptance in our world when our views in life, marriage, even just how we relate to each other is clouded by modern falsehoods.

I find the best therapy or even inspiration comes from those who are walking the path you're wanting or even those who had to do a lot of work to heal and course correct. I find this even helps with the generational curse aspect. Not repeating the sins of the parent.

I am not perfect, but have the desire for God's guidance to improve and give nurturing support to others.

Welcome!

Shalom and welcome. May YaHWeH lead, guide, and direct your husband and you on this journey.

Finally the worst of all was my stepfather, who pretended to be a caring father figure that ended up stealing my innocence for 11 years from 8 to 17.
Correction #2: I messed up in my math here. I should've started from 6 years because the 6th and 7th year of my life were the grooming years.

I also had to come to terms that my situation in CA is also a symptom of our system being broken.

This man wanted a child to control like an obedient wife without care for ethics in regards to the true purpose of family.

I am drawn to the path to help right wrongs and in search of building the community I was absent of parent wise.

I am so sorry that you were abused. I am glad that you and your husband fear God and seek truth. May He bless you both for seeking Him.
This man wanted a child to control like an obedient wife without care for ethics in regards to the true purpose of family.
Sadly, when people quit letting scripture define marriage, folks started thinking it is a legal status rather than a relational one. In my opinion, the verses that limit who a man can marry are there to protect women and specifically step daughters. But men are no longer taught that "marrying" a woman and her daughter is wickedness that in biblical times carried the death penalty for all three!

The reluctance of christian people to consider biblical laws regulating polygyny has caused many to miss the significance of those regulations for even men in monogamous marriages. What a sinful wicked heart can rationalize! ...he wasn't "marrying" the girl....just using her.

I hope and pray you two are blessed and grow closer as you explore a deeper understanding of how God ordered marriage and families.

Back