• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My story

Off-gridinwv

I was saved in 1998 . The divorced woman I married pre salvation divorced me in 2010 taking our lovely daughter with her and I've been single since. Having left the Baptist religion in 2005 the Lord began showing me the truth of scripture of what constitutes a marriage in the Lord's sight,(going in into a woman see Gen. 38, Deut.21, Deut.25 etc. thus becoming one flesh) but I still was blind to the truth of polygyny. I was at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron Ohio in 2018 when a stranger came up to me very matter-of-factly and said "Are you looking for a wife". I said yes possibly and he said there's an Amish girl down the road selling produce and I said I think the Lord already has one picked out for me and he responded and said you know you can have more than one. So this was what got me studying about polygyny.

a stranger came up to me very matter-of-factly and said "Are you looking for a wife". I said yes possibly and he said there's an Amish girl down the road selling produce and I said I think the Lord already has one picked out for me and he responded and said you know you can have more than one.
Wow, that's a different kind of approach for her father to find her a husband. ;)

Ok, that story needs more fleshing out! LOL

I love the story, that’s what reality should look like.
Did you find that you had a sudden need for produce, or were you more intent on pondering the possibility of more than one wife?

Back