• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My thoughts as a newbie to Polygyny from DG

hoojiggy

Hi everyone and greetings from DG and GG.
We are very new to this way of life - and GG is STILL doubtful, but MY mind is made up.

This should tell you why I made up my mind:

I have studied the Bible since my childhood, but have recently come to the realizaton that today's churches do not believe what the Bible really teaches. Here are a couple of examples:

EXAMPLE 1

II Chronicles chapter 24 verses 1-3

1: Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Zibiah of Beersheba.

2: And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.

3: And Jehoiada took for him two wives; and he begat sons and daughters.

EXAMPLE 2

Godly men with how many wives?

1. Abraham - At least two at the same time

2. Jacob - Four at the same time

3. Moses - At least two at the same time

4. Elkanah (Samuel’s father) - Two at the same time

5. David - A dozen or more plus several concubines

6. Joash - Two at the same time

7. Gideon - 70 sons because he had many wives

Most of these men are specifically named in Hebrews 11, the Bible’s “Faith Chapter” and most if not all of them are in heaven, both today and forever. These are men that the Bible specifically gives information about, together with information about the multiple wives they had, but NEVER with any mention of it being sinful or in any other way against God’s plan.

Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever."
Matthew 1:23 names the virgin-born child as Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus IS God. God does NOT change. This applies TODAY!

What say YOU?

Deuteronomy 17:17
And the king must not greatly multiply wives for himself -- they might tempt him to be unfaithful to the LORD. Nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold.

2 Chronicles 24:3
Jehoiada (the priest) - chose two wives for Joash (king of Judah) and he had sons and daughters. 2 Joash did what was pleasing in the LORD’s sight throughout the lifetime of Jehoiada the priest.

And remember - it’s written “YHVH does not change.” His laws are pure, eternal, and just. (Psalm 19:9).

Last edited:
Absolutely. It's so obvious when you just read the Bible rather than listening to someone trying to explain why it doesn't mean what it says plainly.
And yet it angers some people and they absolutely refuse to listen, and their mind is already made up. To them, polygyny is the worst sin ever and no one will ever convince them otherwise. Not you, not me, not the Bible, and not God.

Deuteronomy 17:17
And the king must not greatly multiply wives for himself -- they might tempt him to be unfaithful to the LORD. Nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold.

Fully acknowledge that I am an odd one to comment on scripture. That said, when has that ever stopped me...

I like the lesson that expanding the family is not for ego or self aggrandizing or for something as shallow as having an additional partner. How I am reading it at least.

I also liked the notion of not attempting to secure tonnes of resources just for presumably again self aggrandizement.
I certainly see it for protecting the family and securing the future generations.

Last edited:
Hi everyone and greetings from DG and GG.
We are very new to this way of life - and GG is STILL doubtful, but MY mind is made up.

This should tell you why I made up my mind:

I have studied the Bible since my childhood, but have recently come to the realizaton that today's churches do not believe what the Bible really teaches. Here are a couple of examples:

EXAMPLE 1

II Chronicles chapter 24 verses 1-3

1: Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Zibiah of Beersheba.

2: And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.

3: And Jehoiada took for him two wives; and he begat sons and daughters.

EXAMPLE 2

Godly men with how many wives?

1. Abraham - At least two at the same time

2. Jacob - Four at the same time

3. Moses - At least two at the same time

4. Elkanah (Samuel’s father) - Two at the same time

5. David - A dozen or more plus several concubines

6. Joash - Two at the same time

7. Gideon - 70 sons because he had many wives

Most of these men are specifically named in Hebrews 11, the Bible’s “Faith Chapter” and most if not all of them are in heaven, both today and forever. These are men that the Bible specifically gives information about, together with information about the multiple wives they had, but NEVER with any mention of it being sinful or in any other way against God’s plan.

Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever."
Matthew 1:23 names the virgin-born child as Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus IS God. God does NOT change. This applies TODAY!

What say YOU?
Hi, I absolutely agree with you. And polygyny cannot be fornication or adultery because of what is written in Scripture. We are told in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

God says fornicators and adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God. However, we can also read what Jeus said, in Matthew 8:11; And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

God says known polygynists, like Abraham and Jacob, will be in the kingdom, but fornicators and adulterers will not inherit the kingdom. So, either God is wrong, or those who say otherwise are wrong. For me and my house, we believe God. Shalom.

I have studied the Bible since my childhood, but have recently come to the realizaton that today's churches do not believe what the Bible really teaches...
One of my 'intro to Scripture 101' lines is to note the story where Yahushua's disciples struggle with what He is saying, by observing "this is a hard teaching."

BUT -- when it comes to polygyny:

"There are Hard Teachings in Scripture - but THIS AIN'T one of 'em!"

One of my 'intro to Scripture 101' lines is to note the story where Yahushua's disciples struggle with what He is saying, by observing "this is a hard teaching."

BUT -- when it comes to polygyny:

"There are Hard Teachings in Scripture - but THIS AIN'T one of 'em!"

I like thst one. It dovetails in with my history and anthropology dork side.
Plyg-life was normal life in the past and we just have a historically myopic view of the world.
So it should be easy enough to go back to original norms

Back