• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need advice!!!

James337

Male
I need advice on how to convince a girl that polygamy is okay. I don’t have a girlfriend right now but once I have one I don’t know how to argue that polygamy is okay. Please help!!!

Spend time on various YouTube and FaceBook forums, and hone your arguments. Watch for Logical Fallacies. You might want to familiarize yourself with Logical Fallacies, so that you can spot them. I created a thread entitled Logical Fallacies Anti-Polys love to employ. Develop thick skin, because you will be labelled a pervert and a reprobate by those out there who are unwilling to accept the truth. Do a search on benefits of polygamy for women. Spend time looking at gotquestions.org and other anti-poly articles, so you can know which arguments your opponents will likely use.

Go hang out with a group of single ladies at your local church. Be that guy who when everyone is seated, you are seated with five or six ladies around you. Be the guy that the other guys are making fun of, because you have all the ladies around you. Let it slip out that you are willing to marry all of them. They'll have a good laugh about it, and just be funny. Tell a few of them that you can't decide which one of them that you want to go out with, and see of both of them will go out with you at the same time (choose two that look like they are best friends). Good luck!

How do you go about meeting ladies?

How do you go about meeting ladies?
Unfortunately I don’t get around that much because of the virus so I go to work and church but there is not girls around my age at church so I’m waiting to go to collage and meet some there in a Christian group.

I need advice on how to convince a girl that polygamy is okay. I don’t have a girlfriend right now but once I have one I don’t know how to argue that polygamy is okay. Please help!!!

Why?

What is your goal?

Do you want to:
  1. Get married to one woman?
  2. Get married to at least one woman (one would be great, more would be great too)?
  3. Get married to more than one woman (one is not an option at all, you must have more)?
  4. Do whatever God wants for your life, whether that is celibacy / monogamy / polygamy / death by a terrorist tomorrow?
  5. Something else?
I think it would help your own thinking, and our ability to offer advice, if you clarified what you are actually trying to achieve here.

Why?

What is your goal?

Do you want to:
  1. Get married to one woman?
  2. Get married to at least one woman (one would be great, more would be great too)?
  3. Get married to more than one woman (one is not an option at all, you must have more)?
  4. Do whatever God wants for your life, whether that is celibacy / monogamy / polygamy / death by a terrorist tomorrow?
  5. Something else?
I think it would help your own thinking, and our ability to offer advice, if you clarified what you are actually trying to achieve here.
Definitely 2.

Not 4? Because, for any Christian, the default answer should ALWAYS be 4. It is only through giving up our own plans and seeking His for our lives, that our lives can have true purpose. So my first advice for you is to seriously consider what it means to serve Jesus as Lord and Master of your life. Because He calls us to leave everything, and follow Him - to find His plans for our lives, not seek our own.

But while your goal is 2, then you need to forget about talking to women about polygamy. You need to learn about talking to women, and getting one woman. Because you have just told me that you would be satisfied with one wife - you'd like two or more, but one would be enough. And today, you have no wives. So you need to focus on finding one wife. You can forget about polygamy for now, it is a matter for the future.

Matthew 6:24
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I think that is the piece that many of us fall into the habit of forgetting - Not my will but Thine be done... I know I have certainly found that when I go into my day with the attitude of simply trying to serve Him to the best of my abilities, then what He feels is appropriate to bless me with tends to happen. Not that I don't ask for specifics at times when I pray, but much of what I do is centered on simply remembering that He has a plan for me and that it will come in due time. If that means we find a second wife, then blessings abound. If that means our marriage is strengthened more with the two of us, blessings abound as well.

Back