• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

NEED FELLOWSHIP IN PA

David777

Greetings, Brothers and Sisters.

I am posting this to see if there are people in the PA -MD area who are Christian and believe polygamy is an acceptable form of marriage. I am seriously interested in starting a congregation with like-minded people. I believe:

The main objective of a Christian's life should be to preach Jesus' death on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.

So, many churches do this today, but their norms and traditions oppose what the Bible say, particularly regarding polygamy. I have found great opposition in these churches, to the concept of polygamy, while some accept divorce-remarriage, are tolerant of sex before marriage, of recreational dating, etc.

I MYSELF DO NOT WANT TO BE A POLYGAMIST.

But I think we ought not to change what the Bible says, because it's not popular.

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

So I want to find at least 1 person who agrees, and who has a clean life, to start a congregation.

I think polygamy is a help for women, to be able to find good husbands. But I wouldn't want to start a congregation with a guy who wants and seeks to marry a bunch of chicks, because of his libido, meaning a guy WHOSE objective is to get more and more women. I'd like to meet a guy whose objective is to save souls, and has the best interest of ladies (and guys) in his heart.

I had some opportunities of marrying girls who were open to polygamy. But I didn't marry them. (although they were beautiful). When I meet a beautiful girl who is all by herself, in the world, I want to help her, and I feel compelled to marry her and love her, NOT BECAUSE I DESIRE HER SO MUCH, but because I want her to be taken care of, to be loved and protected, and in a family. I feel compelled to marry her, BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT MANY MEN out there. But I myself want to be a monogamist, so I would like to find husbands for these girls, but "all the good ones are taken", and I don't know many polygamists around here.

When a girl goes to church, after living a life of sin, she's pretty much condemned to be single. So she goes to the world. Her choices are:

Church and singleness or
"The world" and a "boyfriend".

Although their souls would like to serve God, and deep inside they like The Law of God, because of weakness, and a desire for companionship, they go out to the world, because in the church they are "second class", and can't find a husband.

That's why (I believe) God allows polygamy. These ladies don't have to go to the world, they can be assimilated into church and married.

The Bible talks about unmarried women (widows, but this can apply pretty much to any single mother, or any single woman who knew a man).:

"But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to grow wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12Having judgment, because they have cast off their first faith.
13And at the same time they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but gossips also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
14I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, rule the house, give no occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
15For some are already turned aside after Satan."

So basically, if the women can't find husbands in church, they go to Satan.

America's Christianity is decreasing at gigantic steps, because most women know a man outside of marriage, and then they can't find husbands in church, so they go to the world, and bear children in the world. They SHOULD be able to find husbands in church, and this could happen through polygamy.

If you could only marry ONE wife, would you marry a 40 years old widow? or 30 years old widow? Or single mother?

So I think we need to start a congregation, I think.

Not so that we can get many girls for us, but so that we can provide a family to those who are orphaned by the world.

Good points in there. There are more women in churches than men, and that trend will continue, unless something changes.

Back