• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Beginnings

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
Where do I even start? I changed my profile picture today to a picture of a dragonfly that I took years ago. I have a special love for dragonflies because they signify change in my opinion. And my life has changed in less than a months time and very quickly. The Lord literally dropped my best friend/adoptive sister in my husband and our lap. The first 2 weeks, she went from “that is YOUR husband” to falling in love with him. The scary part is that everything is going so quickly and my husband who has loved me for 30 yrs is now giving googly eyes to her. I have prayed so long and when it happened, I entered a state of shock. As the days pass, I realize how so blessed I am. She and my husband are so attentive to my feelings and I could not ask or want anyone else. She has been my best friend for so long that it also crossed my mind that I didn’t want to share her with my husband. 😂 Man, I can truly say that emotions are our worst enemy. My children love her so much that they do not get alarmed when he cuddles with her. We have never had an argument and we both agreed that if we are both bothered by something, we will communicate first before it goes to our husband. I can truly say that husband and I are so blessed! ❤️ It blesses my heart to see both of them giddy and happy. She has had a rough life and I absolutely love to see husband melt her heart and show her what true love is supposed to feel like. I am not saying everything will be peachy because we are truly beginning this transition but we are definitely off to the right start. ❤️😊

Thanks for sharing the new blessing in your lives. I'll admit I'm curious about how she became aware this was possible. It's not exactly polite dinner conversation. Lol I shared our belief with most everyone....but it's different when it's someone single.

So happy for you all. Blessings to your family!

Thanks for sharing the new blessing in your lives. I'll admit I'm curious about how she became aware this was possible. It's not exactly polite dinner conversation. Lol I shared our belief with most everyone....but it's different when it's someone single.
She was always aware that that was where we stood. She finally did come around and said that it makes sense and she saw the positives of having another wife. 😊

An update: this has been an interesting journey so far. As a wise woman said the other day, forget every fantasy that you thought about being a sister wife. I am not giving her name but her husband is a regular here. My emotions are like a rollercoaster. Menopause is not helping either which makes me feel like I am literally going crazy. One day I am happy and feeling over the moon and the next day, jealousy creeps his ugly head through the door. I used to be an alcoholic and I have shifted back towards that, I am ashamed to say. I told the Father today that I don’t want to be that person and to deliver me. I have an amazing man and an amazing sister wife. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I have also asked the Lord to forgive me because my focus has been more on them and not of God. I have made them an idol and instead of turning my attention to God, it has solely been on them. I have had no peace and I have been wondering why I have lost that peace. I guess my advice for a first wife is to not let your emotions and your situation affect you to the point of obsession and taking the place of the Father. That includes Jealousy, anger, hurt and so on… It is so easy for those to pop up. I can now see how Me Me Me comes into play. This is a learning process and I will take it day by day.

Thank you for sharing. I’m a first wife hoping to be a second and can’t fully imagine what it’s like to share my husband. I do know human nature and my own nature and can say all those ups and downs sound pretty normal to me. Our culture has such a deep current of influence in our way of framing marriage it takes a lot of doing I’m sure to unlearn the idea that “my husband is mine and no others”. That’s one of the areas I fear myself, when the second wife comes along. But God knew what our lives would be before the foundation of the earth so I figure he has it under control. I just need to keep surrendering. My prayers are with you on this journey that you would find yourself in a place of rich blessing and personal growth. I guess kind of like walking through fire. Refining fire. It hurts good. I know from experience.

Thank you for sharing. I’m a first wife hoping to be a second and can’t fully imagine what it’s like to share my husband. I do know human nature and my own nature and can say all those ups and downs sound pretty normal to me. Our culture has such a deep current of influence in our way of framing marriage it takes a lot of doing I’m sure to unlearn the idea that “my husband is mine and no others”. That’s one of the areas I fear myself, when the second wife comes along. But God knew what our lives would be before the foundation of the earth so I figure he has it under control. I just need to keep surrendering. My prayers are with you on this journey that you would find yourself in a place of rich blessing and personal growth. I guess kind of like walking through fire. Refining fire. It hurts good. I know from experience.
Thank you for your kind words and words of wisdom. Refining fire mostly stands out. So true. And yes, Gos knew from the beginning. I constantly tell myself that I don’t want to be that wife that pushes our husband away just because she couldn’t get her act together. That is one of my biggest fears. Everyday is somewhat of a struggle and it is choice of what we do during the day that can make us or break us.

An update: this has been an interesting journey so far. As a wise woman said the other day, forget every fantasy that you thought about being a sister wife. I am not giving her name but her husband is a regular here. My emotions are like a rollercoaster. Menopause is not helping either which makes me feel like I am literally going crazy. One day I am happy and feeling over the moon and the next day, jealousy creeps his ugly head through the door. I used to be an alcoholic and I have shifted back towards that, I am ashamed to say. I told the Father today that I don’t want to be that person and to deliver me. I have an amazing man and an amazing sister wife. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I have also asked the Lord to forgive me because my focus has been more on them and not of God. I have made them an idol and instead of turning my attention to God, it has solely been on them. I have had no peace and I have been wondering why I have lost that peace. I guess my advice for a first wife is to not let your emotions and your situation affect you to the point of obsession and taking the place of the Father. That includes Jealousy, anger, hurt and so on… It is so easy for those to pop up. I can now see how Me Me Me comes into play. This is a learning process and I will take it day by day.
It takes a lot of guts to be that open and honest. You’re going to be great!

Update: Last night was truly a turning point. The only true emotions that I had was love, joy and happiness. I had no feelings of jealousy… It felt right and the way it should be. And the best part is that I didn’t feel emotionally unstable. 😂
God is so very faithful to us if we keep trying to keep our eyes on Him!

Back