• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New CMI article on Nashville Statement

Shibboleth

Seasoned Member
Male
https://creation.com/nashville-statement

You may recall the recent CMI article on polygamy. This one, on the Nashville Statement, was posted yesterday, and comments are currently open. The article mostly deals with homosexuality and transgenderism, but near the top there's this summary:
This biblical definition of marriage necessarily excludes homosexual, polygamous, and polyamorous relationships.
There's also a mention of Nathan standing up to David's adultery, which might make a jumping off point.

Last edited:
Excellent. I'll join the fun when i get home. Thank you

Actually, Nathan/God said nothing with regards to David's 500, but the moment he took another man's wife . . . adultery. See the Biblical definition of adultery. Woman breaking wedlock; only sex with another man's wife.

I should point out, in the context of the article, that Nathan isn't mentioned in regards to poly specifically, but more generally (along with John the Baptist), to show the importance of standing up for Biblical morality in a post-truth world. Which is why I said it might make a good jumping off point - for exactly the reason you point out.

(Although, on a side note, I haven't heard an argument for David having 500 wives. IIRC, it's at least 18 at least, but that's still a far cry from 500)

Why am I so terrible at this? How does one comment?
That would be my fault. I posted from my phone, and didn't realize the url I'd copied was at "creation.mobi" instead of "creation.com" (apparently, commenting isn't supported on the mobile version site). I've just fixed the link; try it now.

3423327a1bf3fa1146ba5884c489c32a--quote-tattoos-tattoo-peter-pan.jpg

Back