• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New forum and site look and navigation!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
So, you regular forum users, what do you think of the new integration of the forums with the rest of the site?! This will be a big motivation for us to add and update more content, now that you can so easily move back and forth between forum and content.

Don't forget to notice that once you are logged in, you can pull down all the menus, including "Welcome <Joe>" on the right to see your Private Messages and User Control Panel.

Enjoy and feel free to add comments and suggestions here - and drop a note of thanks to our awesome webmaster and integrator: sadan@biblicalfamilies.org

And BTW, it looks best in Chrome, Firefox, or IE9(Beta) - like most sites. (Why would you use IE 7/8? If you are on Vista or Win7, you can get IE9 here: http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/)

How do you find the new and active topics, like we were able to do on the old format?

SweetLissa

I am having a little trouble finding my way around but it is very nice, I do like the new format very much.

Thank you,
Bels
x

The integration with the rest of the site is better. Dont know if it is just my computer but it seems to run slower. Also a 'view active topics' button on the main page would be good. ylop

ylop said:
Dont know if it is just my computer but it seems to run slower.
It's actually most likely your browser. I used some modern tricks in making the site look good. Had to use different tricks to get it to look ok in Internet Explorer, and they tend to slow it down. Might want to try a different browser.

If that's not the case, I'd like to know what browser and operating system you're running so I can see if I can fix the problem.

ylop said:
Also a 'view active topics' button on the main page would be good.
That's on every page, in the menu, under "Forum".

Wow..what a nice surprise! Love the background and it seems much easier to use! Well done!
Jemma

It is very nice...

I love the fall colors! My only suggestions would be that the light blue of the board change to a tan or light burnt red color to match the natural feel of the background. It also might be nice to have the bottom 3/4 of the background fade into a solid, light color. That would give the page a feel of looking into a view of the forest rather than floating above it.

A link to the teaching articles under resources would be handy too. I refer back to them often.

This is a fun change and it matches the theme of the newsletters! I like it!!

Sadan,

You did a great job! The updated site looks and feels great!

Blessings,

Doc

I'm really loving the new look and feel! It seems much more functional and professional! I like the suggestion about having the forum boards a tan or light burnt red color to match the sight!

Are you going to be changing the theme with the seasons?

Back