• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New from Louisiana

sharonr

Hi my name is Sharon. I have searched this post for over a year now, since I have been introduced to plurual marriage. It has been a great learning experience, and this site has been useful, with many people who seem to be truth seekers. I thank my husband for enduring my many ups and downs through polygamy, and also his many night's preaching to me and getting me to understand God's divnine truth about marriage. He has stayed with me, and I have stayed with him because God has confirmed, enlighted, and helped me through this. In the beggining I struggled, but now I am a believing women who awaits a 2nd wife, but content and thankful for just having a true man of God who I can share. Thank you all. Special thanks to God who sent me to this site. And thank God for people who demostrate his word, and walk in it faithfully. Thanks and all Glory be to God.

Welcome and I hope that your husband is active on the boards as well!

Welcome Sharon. Hopefully you will find some good friends here that can support you. I have met some great people, especially the women who have helped me immensely.

A great resource if you can make it is women's chat on a Tuesday evening.

Welcome Sharon, I am glad you found this forum. I agree with Chris - it would be great to meet your husband too.

Dear Sharon,

I just wanted to take a sec to say a couple of things. First of all, welcome to the board, and thank you for hanging in there while you were undergoing your "paradigm shift." To swim upstream against all of Western civilization, both religious and secular takes great courage.

Secondly, may you find the folks at Bib Fam, both men and women, to be of true encouragement to your brave and searching soul. We are admittedly an odd crew, but the support that I have received in becoming a real live first wife with a real live second wife just having been added to our family has been invaluable.

Thirdly, in October there is going to be the second (hopefully annual) Bib Fam Women's retreat. The details haven't been announced yet, but if there is any way you can get to it, please do. There are no topics that are off topic, there are women who have been at it a long time as well as ones who are in various stages of "You want to WHAT???" :eek:, as well as everything in between.

Looking forward to meeting you face to face!

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Hello Sharon,
Sorry for the late welcome to a fellow member of the Bayou State. I am Troy and my wife is Annette. We have been here for some time now, but are hit and miss on the board. We live around the area where I-10 and !-49 meet. do read the older post for there is a lot of in fo in them. I wish you and your husband the best in your walk with the Lord and biblical marriage.

Back