• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New song :)

Kelly and I are kind of transitioning out of the corporation style "church" at the moment, and have began a weekly fellowhip with a group of likeminded believers who are tired of shallow, cookie cutter, static theology. It has actually been insanely refreshing and inspiring. With that said, I wrote/recorded this song this week and finished it yesterday. It pretty much reflects our feelings lately...and I have a feeling that most people here could probably relate. Hope you enjoy! God bless

Thank you for sharing this. Nice work.

Just curious, but what do you mean by static theology?

Kelly and I are kind of transitioning out of the corporation style "church" at the moment, and have began a weekly fellowhip with a group of likeminded believers who are tired of shallow, cookie cutter, static theology. It has actually been insanely refreshing and inspiring. With that said, I wrote/recorded this song this week and finished it yesterday. It pretty much reflects our feelings lately...and I have a feeling that most people here could probably relate. Hope you enjoy! God bless
I enjoyed your piece immensely.
We've composed and recorded some stuff but we really don't know what we're doing production wise. Maybe I can share in PM?

Thanks for the listen brother! Glad you enjoyed.
Static vs. Dynamic. Always learning and seeking deeper revelation and understanding vs. Thinking youve got it all figured out and acting as if youre beyond correction.
Years ago I was courting a gal and I had great respect for her father and a buddy of his.
I asked them how they are able to not get stuck in their ways (what you called static theology) as it seems like such a draw you know? As we grow older, it's very hard to resist that way of thinking. Maybe not "all figured out" but certainly on many passages after you've mulled it around enough did research etc.
I'm studying Ugaritic language this last year to help me with other perspectives on Hebrew and I recently have discovered that so many of the psalms can have very very different meanings than what I had checked off as "learned and done".
It's been quite an eye opening journey for me. So *NOW* I have them figured out :p?!

Just curious, but what do you mean by static theology?

The church I went to growing up was "The Church of Christ". The Church of Christ was part of a broader movement in American Christendom called "The Restoration Movement":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_Movement

I always loved the restoration movement, but one flaw I noticed after a while, was that they thought they were done. That they had arrived. It became static. And now I think it is dying.

The church I went to growing up was "The Church of Christ". The Church of Christ was part of a broader movement in American Christendom called "The Restoration Movement":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_Movement

I always loved the restoration movement, but one flaw I noticed after a while, was that they thought they were done. That they had arrived. It became static. And now I think it is dying.
When the Chasidic movement was born in Judaism in Ukraine in the 1700's, there are stories of how the worshipers would jump and some would do back flips, and many would scoop up the holy spirit and miracles would occur.
If the accounts are true, this is a far cry from Chasidism today. Static for sure...

When the Chasidic movement was born in Judaism in Ukraine in the 1700's, there are stories of how the worshipers would jump and some would do back flips, and many would scoop up the holy spirit and miracles would occur.
If the accounts are true, this is a far cry from Chasidism today. Static for sure...

The problem with most all moves of God is that man then begins to try to manage it.... ergo, denominations that sprang from revivals.

Bottom line:Enjoy when Abba leads you to camp at a specific spring or place of refreshing, but don't drive your tent pegs too deep. The Cloud will move forward and we must also if we are to get to the promised Land.

The problem with most all moves of God is that man then begins to try to manage it.... ergo, denominations that sprang from revivals.

Bottom line:Enjoy when Abba leads you to camp at a specific spring or place of refreshing, but don't drive your tent pegs too deep. The Cloud will move forward and we must also if we are to get to the promised Land.

A BIG AMEN to that!

Back