• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New TV Show from TLC: Seeking Sister Wife

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
There is a new TV show starting from TLC called "Seeking Sister Wife" about three families working on adding a new wife. The show premieres Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018.

Here are bios of the three families:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/seeking-sister-wife-cast-149213

I remember someone contacting me a while back asking if my family wanted to be in something like this. We politely declined.

Complete with close ups of feigned outrage.

I have a close friend who was on Wife Swap a few years back. The incredible gap between any 'reality' of their situation and the stuff that was being phoned in from New York where the scripts were being written put me off 'reality' TV permanently, before I ever actually engaged with any of it. If there's a 'reality' show out there that is actually 'real', I'd be interested to know of it.

I saw the preview of this show and to be completely honest it reminds me of the TLC show Sister wives and I'm completely turned off by it. "Reality TV" is not actual REALITY.... sadly true stories are never truly known on these shows so I wont be watching it.

There's always an agenda with such shows. I'm curious to find out what that agenda is.

Don't trust anything you see on TV, or the internet for that matter. Especially me, don't trust me ;).

Has anyone seen Three Wives One Husband? We just watched it recently, and I found it interesting, though it was obvious that there was very heavy editing going on and jumps forwards and backwards in time.
I knew what the Mormons believed, but I kind of thought it was hush hush, and here these people were talking about how they were trying to become gods, right out there in the open. PM seems so depressing if you're doing it just so you can become a god when you die. Sort of takes all the fun out of it.

I looking forward to it. I know that some of it will be heavily edited and no doubt slanted towards the dramatic, but the people watching, analytical side of me is pretty stoked.

One of the things that took us over the hump towards accepting poly was watching shows like this. You can learn a lot about do's and don't's re human interactions from these shows.

Did anyone watch the first episode last Sunday?

I have not seen it, yet, but you can watch it online at the TLC site, and I believe there is a re-play tonight.

I'm watching tonight if I can set aside the time!

I'm really interested to see how their stories unfold. It feels like every new show about polygamy gets more open about showing the ugly truths, and I'm happy about that.

I liked the show. I like how they've chosen families that are "seeking", but also one that has just added a new sw 10 days ago. I know that some of it's staged, but at least shows like this can get conversations going.

I think the new wife was added a year before the show. Her courtship was only like 13 days and then they got married, but that was like a year before the show, and she is still finding her place.

I think the new wife was added a year before the show. Her courtship was only like 13 days and then they got married, but that was like a year before the show, and she is still finding her place.
Oh, OK. I thought she was just added 13 days ago, but what you said makes more sense. She did have a baby in her hands, so I guess she would have already been in the family a year ago.

They did not say so on the show, but I bet part of the reason for the quick courtship was her ticking biological clock. She is already 40 years old. It was sort of now or never for her to have a baby and fortunately for her she got pregnant quick.

Also, interestingly, even though she is the new one to the family, she seems like the most level headed one of the bunch. She just might save them from themselves. The first wife seems fairly aggressive and the husband seems a little passive. Instead of taking control he wants them to resolve everything themselves.

Two Mormon families and one unknown, but I think not Christian, so unfortunately no Christian polygamists on the show.

The black couple seem to have it together, except for the part where they said the best place to find a sister wife was online dating sites. I kind of cringed at that.

They did not say so on the show, but I bet part of the reason for the quick courtship was her ticking biological clock. She is already 40 years old. It was sort of now or never for her to have a baby and fortunately for her she got pregnant quick.

Also, interestingly, even though she is the new one to the family, she seems like the most level headed one of the bunch. She just might save them from themselves. The first wife seems fairly aggressive and the husband seems a little passive. Instead of taking control he wants them to resolve everything themselves.

Two Mormon families and one unknown, but I think not Christian, so unfortunately no Christian polygamists on the show.

The black couple seem to have it together, except for the part where they said the best place to find a sister wife was online dating sites. I kind of cringed at that.

Wow! That girl looks great. I didn't think she was 40, but she did say that she waited 20 years to have a baby. I agree I wish there was a Christian family on the show. That's why next time your family is asked, you should be on a show. I'd watch it!

Back