• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Zealand casual get-together

Added to Calendar: 04-05-23

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Short notice, but we're having a casual Passover meal at our place in Canterbury, New Zealand, this Wednesday night (5 April). @frederick and one of his wives will be there. It would be great to see more of you and put faces to your names. If you'd like to know more send me a private message, or comment below and I'll get in touch with you.

We had a great time, six adults including ourselves. A simple Passover / Last Supper meal, followed by deeper discussions that evening and in the morning. Great to get together with old and new friends.

Hopefully the first of many such gatherings!

Anyone who couldn't make it this time but find themselves in Canterbury in future is welcome to contact us and visit at your leisure.

Great to hear it went well. I’m sad I couldn’t make it.
I really hope there is another gathering I can attend in the future :).

I've said this for many years, there are so few men in the Rescue world that when one enters he is prized. The few men in Rescue have multiple women all over them. It's an untapped market!
But do they want more than someone to compare their dog against?

I've said this for many years, there are so few men in the Rescue world that when one enters he is prized. The few men in Rescue have multiple women all over them. It's an untapped market!
But are the women there open to being rescued from it?

But do they want more than someone to compare their dog against?
But are the women there open to being rescued from it?
I mean some of the ladies are absolutely nut factories in all honestly. They get into Rescue because they need to control something, dogs can't speak back.

However I'm met many (including my best friend) who do Rescue because if they didn't no one else would. Our area is poverty- ridden, dog fighting is prominent, backyard breeding is out of control, abuse and neglect everywhere. Some of these ladies care for more than just animals as well, they take care of their family members also or have caretaker jobs.

In that case I'd say no they're not just looking for someone to "compare their dog against" they're doing it because they have some of kindest hearts I've ever seen and will take action when no one else will (for animals or people). That really can't be a character flaw in my opinion but that's up to y'all, you've got to help pay the vet bills lol

Last edited:
I was half-joking @LovesDogs, and I agree with your assessment of catwomen / dogwomen. Some are irretrievably nuts. But others are women who, whether they realise it or not, are simply "clucky" - they really want to have children, and because they don't have children for whatever reason they substitute this with animals. These women will be involved in animal rescues and have an absolute menagerie at home, because there's a hole in their life they are trying to fill with animals, and keep adding more and more but the hole is still there - but when "rescued" from their lack of children (by having their own, or coming into an established family) will cut back to a normal, reasonable number of pets quite naturally, as this emotional hole in their life has been finally filled.

So I'd be quite willing to adopt the right rescue woman and give her a forever home. But some are beyond rescue. :)

I knew you were ❤️ and I know exactly what you mean, many are overwhelmed and filling a void. You'd be surprised the amount of work some of these ladies can get done while maintaining a family though, their families are all into the Rescue work with them and it gives the children something positive to focus on.

My son brought home two more cats. I have been saying all along that one cat is more than enough. I think I need to make good on my promise to take additional cats to the shelter.

Back