• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Zealand earthquake...

I always think it sounds funny when men say females...

Back on topic, saw the damage in NZ. praying for everybody, in particular the families of the two people who died.

There needs to be. I have had good intentions for too long without action, partly because we were thinking too big and considering east coast Australia as an Australasian retreat, rather than just focussing on NZ. Sarah and I have been discussing how best to do a NZ retreat, we were going to arrange something last summer but were too busy with a new baby. We're keen to actually do it this summer, and have options for locations also. Watch this space (and nag me if you see nothing in it!).
We aren't getting much play on the Philippines retreat. If you guys organized a NZ retreat we might be able to attend.
Is NZ part of ASEAN, does it allow Filipino passport holders in without a visa?

New Zealand is not in ASEAN, and you do need a visa to enter from the Philippines. However I suspect the requirements are not onerous. Click for:
Look up NZ visitor visa requirements from any country
A list of countries that don't need visitors visas to enter NZ

The idea of a NZ retreat didn't end up happening this year because there were too many clashes for key families, so the numbers would have been too small to be worthwhile. I am still keen on organising a retreat in NZ or the Australian East Coast, but each time I have tried to pull something together under my own strength it doesn't seem to be the right time. I suspect that when I have people coming to me and saying they're keen to actually help organise it, I'll know the time is right!

Back