• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Zealand retreat (poss. Feb 2017)

Would you like to attend a New Zealand retreat

• Would definately be there if the timing worked

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Would consider it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
There are a number of families associated with Biblical Families through either the forum or Facebook who live in New Zealand, and it's high time we actually had a local retreat. Biblical Families retreats are an opportunity for families to get together for fellowship, teaching, fellowship, worship, fellowship, etc. It's just good to be able to talk to people who don't think you're an evil heretic. I've been to a couple of retreats in the USA and have greatly benefited from being able to meet people in person, the first retreat I attended I actually didn't sleep at all the first night but talked the entire night... Anything we do over here will not be quite the same, but will be awesome in its own way I am sure.

Would you be interested in attending a retreat in New Zealand? Anyone is welcome from anywhere in the world (e.g. Australia and the Philippines, as well as any American friends who'd like an excuse for a holiday!).

As a starting suggestion, would Waitangi weekend (3-6 February) work for people, being a long weekend.

I won't discuss locations on a public thread, there are options, but can most readily arrange this in Canterbury, so people can fly into Christchurch airport. If you were coming, would you want to have somewhere to stay in, or would you prefer to bring a caravan or tent? Helps to inform my thinking.

Hi to fellow kiwis!! Thanks heaps but summer is super busy for us and I'm working on plans for ministry here and in the Philippines.

Hi to fellow kiwis!! Thanks heaps but summer is super busy for us and I'm working on plans for ministry here and in the Philippines.

Having been to two retreats I can tell you it is very worth it. It might be a great way to break up a busy summer too. You will not regret going and it seems to be very good for the ladies.

You need a "Would love to but can't" option!... ;)

Be good to have a winter one can't get time off much in summer. Is there going to be another one in nz ?

Back