• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Noah's Arch

I've seen this before and found it very interesting. If I'm not mistaken, there are a people in this region who call themselves "Sons of Noah". There are researchers who are truly convinced that it is the ark of the flood.

The picture they use is the Ron Wyatt site. He made his first trip to the site in 1977 and the site was dedicated by the Turkish government in 1989. During the first Gulf War of 1991, Ron Wyatt and his team were captured by the Kurdish rebels and held for publicity. I was part of the team to fly with Ron Wyatt from the Iraq border to Ankara Turkey after their release by the Kurdish rebels. Ron Wyatt sent me a copy of his book with a handwritten thank you for our help.

Last edited:
During the 90s it seemed most scholars dismissed the site as a natural formation. The thing is Wyatt did a tremendous amount of core testing and all the test looked promising. I never understood the academic dismissals. In the 2000s there was renewed interest and it seems many are getting on board. Ron Wyatt died maybe 10 years ago. (Wow, time gets away from me, he died in 1999.)

When the Blackhawks dropped him and his team off they were a bit of a mess with open sores and such from sleeping on dirt while the rebels kept moving them around. He spoke very well of the Kurds and stated that he had the same food and accommodations as the rebels. So he was treated as an equal.
He stated that they were dropped off on a road and told to wait. After an hour or so a taxi drove up, picked them up and took them to a town.

Last edited:
I can't imagine various groups investigating a rock formation for more than 50 years. There is certainly no definitive evidence there or the issue would be closed.

Back