• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

North Carolina Retreat was Awesome!

I agree, TLS. I'd heard about her for years, and it was a pleasure to finally meet her in person.

I will say this: I came home, and was able to see some wonderful family. Every time, these retreats are just big extended family reunions, and I am ever grateful for the love that is poured out upon me each time I come.

A few years ago, I thought I'd never want to see these people or hear about poly ever again, but it was because of their love that I came back. I couldn't ask for better friends or a stronger support system than what I have gotten from those faithful BF people who continue to show up.

I'm glad they love me, and that they forgave so much.

If you ever get a chance to come, the love is palpable in the room. Worth everything, and more.

Sweet!

I promised Zec I would post, so here goes. For me personally, this retreat was truly special. High Pastures had been kind of a bittersweet place, the site of Steve's and my first retreat six years ago. I have found that if you square your shoulders and face places that may have formerly caused a "twinge", God has a way of blessing and helping you to take back what was stolen, and this weekend was no exception. The natural beauty and surroundings were stunning, as was all the rest of it--worship, fellowship, transparency, "just bein' real with folks," laughs, and tears. How I love our quirky community--everything from Si Robertson body double twins to midwives to Marines to musical actors. For me, it was the best retreat, ever!

I was wondering that too?

It was a special retreat! All retreats have wonderful moments and lessons to be learned but this one seemed to have a peaceful tone to it. As always, it was good to see old friends and meet new ones, see how the kids have grown and hear what God has been doing in each others lives. A big thank you to all who helped cook, take trash out, move chairs and tables, make coffee, and a hundred other things. Bless you from the bottom of my heart! I am so thankful for the people that God has put in my life to share this journey with me.

Greater is he in me than in the world.
In the woooorrrrld.
(Ladies ) he's greater he's greater.

The wonderful worship is still alive in my heart from the retreat.
At least once everyday this part of the song goes through my head.
Warm & Fuzzy memories:)

Glad to hear it! FYI, one of the reasons we added that particular song to our rep was because of its 'sticky' tune and hook. We want these songs (or at least some of them) to be take-home gifts that will stay with you long after the retreat.

:eek: That's quite a note....

On another 'note', just letting y'all know that we had a computer recording our worship for most of the sets (technical difficulties pre-empted all of one session and most of one other. Three are pretty much intact. I listened to the tracks tonight for the first time and it sounds like they'll be usable! (And there was much rejoicing....) So the take away there is that we may be able to produce a live album of worship from the retreat. I'll keep you posted.

So the take away there is that we may be able to produce a live album of worship from the retreat.
Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! If postage is not insane (it normally is from the USA) then I will definitely be on board for one of those! However, if you could make it in a downloadable format for us Kiwis that would be pretty awesome too.

It's not our intention to package and sell the finished mixes, so we probably won't pay for production of CDs. I'll probably just end up with downloadable tracks posted at the Faithmusic site and post a link here.

Curtis, our next retreat is in October in Dallas. Just sayin.... ;)

Back