• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Nuclear bomb in the Bible?

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Zechariah 5:5-11 states
Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.
And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah (a volume of 40 litres / 9 gallons) that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.
And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah. And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven. Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah? And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar (Babylon): and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.
Very interestingly:
  • The word "woman" here (H802) is identical to the word "fire" (H800) except for the vowel pointings, which were added centuries later. As originally written, this word would have meant either "woman" or "fire", with the context determining which one was intended.
  • There is no Hebrew word for uranium, but it is very similar to lead, and actually decays to lead.
  • An ephah is about the size of a nuclear warhead
This means that this passage could theoretically be referring to a fire in the middle of a 40L volume, covered or surrounded by uranium - in other words, a nuclear warhead. Which is to be located in Babylon (Iran / Syria / Saudi Arabia)...

Now when I first heard that reasoning (in the video below) it sounded like a bit of a stretch. But then I looked closer at H800 ("fire"). It only appears once in scripture, in Jeremiah 6:29 - and is again associated, of all things, with lead. Which seems to be more than a coincidence.
The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away
The word for "bellows" is H4647, and only appears once in scripture so the meaning is probably debatable. It is derived from H5301, meaning "blow", "breathe" or something similar. With this meaning, substituting uranium for lead, and using the Hebrew word order, the first part of this verse could alternatively read something like:
"Burning breath, fire consuming uranium". Which is probably as close as you could describe a nuclear explosion in Hebrew.

Now check the context - Jeremiah 6 is discussing the invasion of Israel by the country of the north.

I fully admit that this could all be entirely wrong - but it's rather intriguing to ponder.

See the video below for further discussion of the Zechariah passage in context of current events (he doesn't notice Jeremiah, I added that one). I am always very cautious about what this preacher says, but here he might be onto something.

I'll have to put this on my list of things to study out, but it sure is intriguing.

Fascinating.

Back