• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

OILS

Beta

After years of very poor health, people are still confused as to whether my 21 year old son and I are husband and wife or brother and sister! If that's not a complement...or else they aren't looking very closely. :?: Youthfulness runs in the family, but I mark this down mainly to a blessing and testimony that the Lord has given with all the pain and suffering. It's as if the year I got sick, He stopped the clock for me. At any rate, I am still seeing age creeping on.

My Turkish mother-in-law, too, at the age of 79 still has the most wrinkle-free, smooth complexion. Ever since I've known her, of an evening she has taken a page from the newspaper, sat on the couch with it in her lap, and eaten a very large bag of sunflower seeds while watching TV.

I started using Vitamin E capsules some years ago, which I break in my mouth and squeeze onto scars (even the oldest ones) and blemishes. They clear up easily, and I don't see the need to take Vitamin E orally when this is a daily routine. (Do take care not to go over the daily 400 - 1000 mg, the minimum if any heart issues). There is no problem with using one capsule per day on a regular basis. (My old scar when my monkey bit me in Africa as a kid was clearing up too much so I had to quit, or I won't have my souvenir!)

Besides this, lately I have taken to rubbing my body entirely with olive oil (benefits of living in the Middle East is that it's easy to get) either after my bath, or sometimes before for a different effect. (It does make for having to clean the tub if done before) I would say if anything is the fountain of youth, along with good hydration, olive oil is. Olive oil is also spiritually significant and I use it to prayerfully bless my physical body for its healing.

Vitamin E and oil is even more important to darker & black skin, and to tanned white skin.

Beta,

I cook with olive oil all the time, so I was wondering if this is just as good as actually applying to the skin?

I have a monkey story to share with you. Although my experience wasn't as bad as yours with getting bit, I actually had my head banged several times against the bars of a monkey cage by a mischievous little monkey when I was nine-years-old.

I think we were at Gatorland in Florida and, at that time in the late 1970s, they had a few animal exhibits other than just the gators. I had very long hair, and that little monkey got ahold of it while I was standing backside toward his cage. He gave a few tugs at my hair as my head slammed about five times against the cage before my parents rescued me laughing the whole time at my expense. The greatest example of 1960s - 1970s parenting skills--leave your kid alone they'll take care of themselves.

My friends and family just love hearing this story. They say that explains a lot about me--making fun of my intelligience--that the monkey had beaten all the sense out of me. So if you see me mispell words in my posts, you will know why now--all because that darn little monkey. :eek:

Michelle

Oh, that's RICH, Angel. Beta, too. Monkey stories as life forming moments.

Ummm, when I was a kid, well adult too, and visited monkeys at the zoo, there has all too often been at least one who flung poop at me. Does that count?

Dodging their missiles of choice does seem to have been good training for telling other Christians that I believe in polygamy ... :lol:

Michelle,
I don't use any other oil to cook with. Olive oil remains stable and healthy at high temperatures. This is the most dangerous thing about fast food, especially French fries. They wouldn't make as much money using olive oil. Olive oil for cooking is definitely the way to go, and it will have a long term positive effect on the skin.

What I described was for extra special therapy if you can afford or want to do it. A natural aromatherapy can be added and used like a massage oil. Prepared lotions and moisturizers have ingredients that aren't natural or needed, and use synthetic perfumes a lot of times. They also don't produce the results I'm describing.

:D More about monkeys-
A year ago I was in a pet store and they had a monkey that was the same kind as the one we had as kids. Only this fellow was a big guy. Of course I couldn't stay away from him. In a split second he had reached and grabbed my earring from my pierced ear, took a good bite of it as if checking the value of the gold piece, and flung it out of the cage to the floor. I guess he was expecting something more exquisite to his taste! :lol:

Monkeys are priceless, and I also concur with your description of '60's & '70's parents! They were priceless too...

Beta

Beta said:
:D More about monkeys-
A year ago I was in a pet store and they had a monkey that was the same kind as the one we had as kids. Only this fellow was a big guy. Of course I couldn't stay away from him. In a split second he had reached and grabbed my earring from my pierced ear, took a good bite of it as if checking the value of the gold piece, and flung it out of the cage to the floor. I guess he was expecting something more exquisite to his taste! :lol:
:mrgreen: Witness to said monkey shenanigans. :mrgreen:

We should have named this topic "Monkey Business". I feel at home knowing that I'm not the only person in the world with a crazy monkey experience. Thanks, Beta, Cecil and Sadan for making me feel understood. Even though it was a pretty scary thing getting beat up by a monkey, I still think they are adorable.

Michelle

lutherangirl said:
We should have named this topic "Monkey Business".

Monkey go go market,
E no come back.
Weten dey happen,
Na banana too much for market.

~~ Nigerian proverb

Try figurin' out thems monkey businesses! :mrgreen:

Hey!
I don't have any monkey stories, but I do love oils!

I mix together safflower oil and castor oil to wash my face. My once acne-prone skin is wonderful now. I use tea tree oil for antiseptic. I use coconut oil on just about anything that has to do with skin or hair - sunburn, moisturizer, shaving, cradle cap, diaper rash, bug bites, all kinds of stuff. I primarily cook with coconut oil and olive oil.

Nice expansion on the Oils DeeAnn...the Indians here use coconut oil for hair and other things I haven't tried yet. I do know that one girl with the most beautiful long flowing black hair used to say that her mom always rubbed olive oil in her kids' hair before washing it. I think the men with beards should take note too! (hint, hint)

It does seem like the monkeys have taken over this thread...

We do sympathize with you Michelle, at that age to have a monkey banging your head against the cage. He must have found you interesting and was probably extremely bored.

Sadan,

I loved the poem!

Beta & Cecil,
Thanks for connecting with me on a "monkey-level".

DeAnn,
Right! Let's get on with the oils. Thanks for advice about trying coconut oil.

Michelle

Although not exactly oil or monkey business, I have taken bee pollen for years along with other vitamins. I take it for longevity and for allergy relief. It is expensive if you buy it in capsules, so we buy it in bulk every so often.

Back