• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

One way to get there...

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Read the last few sentences, and tell me that wouldn't be society and church-sanctioned polygamy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... world.html

If you wouldn't deny it to them, why would you deny it to others who would otherwise go without?

"Well, that's different, they have no choice." And all the surplus of single women who want to be married, do?

You could have a field day with the religious/legal consequences of this one.
Could they in fact each marry a different man?
If one committed a crime would they both go to jail?
If they only get one salary, then who gets the pension/medical/dental benefits?

I think the two of them have an amazing, but somewhat complicated life. But it is the only life they have.
It is true that thinking about all the implications might make your head hurt. I would hate to be a judge ruling on some of those hypothetical issues.
Some of my thoughts after reading about them, is that we each are unique and have our own lives to live. We should also be willing to let the word judge others. I imagine that the brain bending contemplations we experience thinking about those girls lives, are to us a bit like thinking about poly is to most people. It is that foreign to them.

After reading about those twins, I for one am going to try and have more understanding for regular folk out there. After all, they didn't know people like us (normal, :) sane, loving, Bible believing :D .... would be polygynists :eek: ) existed either. ;)

incredible situation.

kind of a two-for-one deal :)

I worry that they may be pushed by society to think that having two husbands was the "right" thing to do, and end up in the disgusting mess that would be, rather than just doing what would be completely natural for them - marrying one man who wants both of them.

Their story is amazing, I just can't imagine how they manage to be so coordinated, it's probably impossible for anybody to understand other than themselves.

Back