• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Oneness with Christ...

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
When my wife and I first met, neither one of us were living a life that glorified Jesus. I was raised in a "my dad was a pastor for 20 years" home, and my wife was raised I think in a episcopalian background. We became "with child" and she started to go to church again. Her walk with the Lord is the reason that I have come back to the Father and have been able to experience His saving grace. We have been married for almost 10 years and have been blessed with 4 kids. She has not stopped serving and giving and the Lord has shown me through her life(and His) that he calls me to be the same. I work every day to be the strong and truthful leader that He has called me to be. It is hard to read the Bible for yourself and question why the modern church considers it wrong.

By the way, we live in GA, she is from TX, and this is my introduction: We have a cabinet making business, we homeschool(we are not freaks),my wife cracks our own grain to bake our own bread(with a grain mill), we like wine and red meat(with salad), she drives a Yukon Denali XL that she hopes to trade in for a 12 passenger van, and the best times are: tickle time with the kids(after the house is clean), having breakfast for dinner(waffles, eggs and orange juice), walks as a family( down the street and back), and any special time spent learning about each other as a family. This forum has been great.

Thanks.

Yes that's right, if you go poly you will be seen as a self serving dominant dictator, and if you want to make it work you'll have to be as close to the epiphany of selflessness (Christ) as you possibly can and will wind up giving up constantly (not without fulfillment).

Doesen't that just smell of the Devils work in our culture? Popular perception is the diametric opposite of reality. Go figure.

Welcome Paul! You seem to have already had your "Damascus road" moment. I hope you find fellowship here, and give it as well - because you seem to have plenty of thoughtfulness to offer. Our board is kind of slow at the moment - I think everyone (Pastor Randy and myself included) is really busy right now, bit it spurt again - some new blood always helps. Pray about meeting some others in person - Dallas retreat in 3 weeks, or next's years schedule (which will be announced before too long). If you ever want to visit some of us here in Orlando - we are not that far away from GA.

You say your wife help lead into study of polygamy, and it she sounds like quite a blessing, but don't say how she currently feeling about the possibility?

I'll say that you and Tlaloc are right about how the world will perceive and dismiss you as selfish - however, as a Christian who persevered in my faith and my family (for 12 years), I have to say that there are many who will grow to respect that commitment, though for some family and friends it may take many years. I don't feel persecuted by those I care about any more - and those who don't know me - well, I no longer care about their opinion!

There is a way to live plural and (semi)-open and Christian and worry-free - just don't expect to be a member of your local church. We should talk about how to do this some more.

Greetings, hope to hear from you more!

I was referring to my perception of the culture at large too, My friends have no problems with our polygamy and are often very supportive. I haven't crossed the bridge with my church yet (On the grounds I want to have an example set before my trial) I'm hoping persuasive and truthful arguments win the day and save my membership when that happens, but I'm prepared for a negative response if it comes.

Hello Paul and Welcome,

Although you will look very selfish to most everyone that knows you, the fact is that God will use plural marriage to confront your selfishness like you cannot imagine (plural marriage is not for babies - it will make you or break you). For example, with having one wife you can evade a character flaw she may point out by saying "that is your opinion. I am not really like that". However, when you have two wives pointing out the exact same character flaw, you can no longer justify it. You may still ignore it (to your own detriment - some men have been totally broken... wives get fed up, etc... and some finally just leave!), or you can cooperate with the Spirit of God, going before His magnificent presence to acquire the grace to become the Man of God he desires you to be. Here at Biblical Families, we teach and try to model "servant-leadership", and I would challenge you to do the same.

The fact of the matter is this: God brings family members into your family to develop character (whether they be children or wives). Once you understand that principle, everything else will make sense!

We do talk about it and how it would apply in todays situations. I know that she does talk about having someone else for her to share with, talk with, relate to, etc. on occasion, even if it is just with other women from our church. Our pastor who I have a GREAT relationship with has mentioned from the pulpit that poly is wrong, it just took God 400 years to get the old cultural ways out of His church. The jump from talking about it to actively pursuing it is quite a shift for everyone I am sure. If we never add to our family in this way, I won't be dissapointed. My wife is beautiful, attractive, intuitive, Christ-centered, Spirit-filled, and she fufills all of my needs, physically, emotionally, and mentally. We have always known that we would adopt into our family, I just did not think that the Lord might add some kids that would bring their mom with them, or just a woman on her own. I am not saying that I or we are going poly, or are pursuing a poly life, I really have gained more insight into by shortcomings as a husband and father from this study, and the poly world seems to be the only group that is teaching what the man is supposed to be like, based on scripture and not culture. As far as my wife is concerned, I think she would struggle more with the perceived reaction from family and friends than with the "in house" situations. We have talked about the concepts, but it is not a daily discussion.

Greetings Paul!

There have been some really good things written here ... very good thoughts from every one ...

One thing I would like to add - impulsively - is a reminder that those who follow our Lord will be persecuted - even members of our own families will join in with that. And what did our Lord say to do when that occurs? To rejoice and be exceedlingly glad!

God bless you and your family!

Welcome Brother Paul from the Gulf of Mexico by way of the Black Bayou of Louisiana. May this board be a blessing to you and yours.

Back