• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Other Possible Retreat Locations - 2009

Doc

Real Person
Sorry guys....I like thinking ahead :D

I was wondering if there were any suggestions on possible retreat locations for the upcoming year? It seems that we have developed some core groups in both Texas and Florida, and with the Oregon retreat, a possible core there as well. I could see duplication on those in the coming year, but I was wondering if there were any other suggestions?

I know that there are several midwest families that have made connections on BF. How about one in Missouri?

There are also several individuals and families in the Northeast. Any recommendations?

In the SW US, there are several strong unconnected groups as well.

Just looking for feedback, input, and discussions.

Doc

I'm actually thinking "Tennessee" for an East Coast retreat in 2009. Near the Smokies, but not in a heavy tourist-season.
We don't have anybody right there (Todd is close), we have people literally all around: Ohio, Virgina, both Carolinas, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, and more.

Centrally located for most everybody on the East Coast.

Please let us know your preference for time of year for this or other area retreats, but leave out holiday weekends and "leaf season". (Unless you'd really prefer a holiday, then we could find a hotel in a business area...)
What about between Christmas and New Years?

Nathan
(Up since 3am, watching the kids swim in the hotel pool here in Sublimity, OR, getting ready for the retreat to start tomorrow night. Nice flight, with 11 family members on board.)

Hold it in Australia. J/K J/K :D

Maybe I could fly there next year. Are kids welcome at these things? How does one find accommodation? What are the costs? (Florida sounds like Queensland).

There's nothing like this here in Oz (well not that I can find). Please excuse me, for all my questions.

God Bless

Pearl

Pearl,
Welcome to the board. Kids are always welcome at the retreats. Kids kids and more kids. We love them all. And no question is too much. That is precisely what we are here for.

Love
Lissa

You need a retreat in the pacific northwest. I am about as north west as you can get and still be in the states. (Not counting Alaska)

I'm loving the Tennessee idea. This area is beautiful right after the start of spring. Shouldn't hold it before April though. You Florida boys and Texas boys might freeze to death. lol, jk. The more that time goes on the more people I'm finding around this area.

DukeOfMarshall said:
I'm loving the Tennessee idea. This area is beautiful right after the start of spring. Shouldn't hold it before April though. You Florida boys and Texas boys might freeze to death. lol, jk. The more that time goes on the more people I'm finding around this area.

Well, I do know that Lissa would freeze. She gets frostbite when it is 70 degrees...lol

About the end of April and afterwards it's fairly warm, but we don't have the humidity that you guys in the more southern parts of the country have. Plus there's a wide variety of settings we could do. Everything from country to urbanized. I think if we hold a Tennessee retreat that it should be a Todd and single women only kind of retreat. lol, jk

One of the things I was thinking about is "quatering" up the U.S. and holding a retreat somewhere in the center of each of those quarters. I think this might minimize the extreme distances that some people have to drive/fly and also might help in raising attendance. Although if attendance keeps growing like it has I don't know where we'll find the space in any location. Of course the density of our members as pertaining to location is always an important consideration to consider as well.

We always could do one here in maine in Feb. We all could expereince frost bite. Seriously breaking up into quarters sounds good. Fla or texas is a long ways to drive with 2 wives and 6 kids.

Pastor

I am from Charlotte, NC and my wife and I are looking for a second wife. I am 34 and my wife is 38 and we have been happily married for 12 years. During the last 7 years, we have been going to fertility clinics for IVF and IUI to help us have children with no success. We decided together that the best way for us to have the family we have always wanted is to find a second wife interested in joining our loving home. We are both professionals, and a loving, caring, and generous Christian couple. I am looking forward to your retreat in Tennessee to meet other families interested or practicing this lifestyle. God Bless.

Jorge

Saskachewan?

Northeren U.S. would be generally ok for us once we get organized, but that could be a few years yet. If you need a LOT of space, SK is great, we could get a section (sq mile) of open land in a pinch if needed. But its far, too bad, perhaps one year we will make a Texas retreat if we happen to be visiting relatives in AZ around the right time (We visit them once every 3-5 years, so... not soon)

Back