• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pacifism

I would be shocked if the mason's or the communists weren't knee deep in fomenting that conflict.

You Pacifist, go stand with the girls.
Yahshua said get swords, and afterwards inquired. My personal belief is, he was ready to use those required swords, which were only two, but sufficient to him. That he was prepared to protect his flock.
When the Pharisees laye hands on Yahshua and drag him to the Clift. Hamashiach was a pacifist up until the edge of his violent end. Then he turned under supernatural ability and walked through the midst of them. Not as a ghost. But through G-D"s power.
Remember when he seen the gang coming to get him to deliver him to judgement. He asked, and I am paraphrasing, " What ate you coming here FOR with all those weapons?"
They told Him they wanted only him. So he submitted.
"Strike the Shepard, the sheep scatter."
Strike the sheep...?

You Pacifist, go stand with the girls.
Yahshua said get swords, and afterwards inquired. My personal belief is, he was ready to use those required swords, which were only two, but sufficient to him. That he was prepared to protect his flock.
When the Pharisees laye hands on Yahshua and drag him to the Clift. Hamashiach was a pacifist up until the edge of his violent end. Then he turned under supernatural ability and walked through the midst of them. Not as a ghost. But through G-D"s power.
Remember when he seen the gang coming to get him to deliver him to judgement. He asked, and I am paraphrasing, " What ate you coming here FOR with all those weapons?"
They told Him they wanted only him. So he submitted.
"Strike the Shepard, the sheep scatter."
Strike the sheep...?

Armchair Christianity.

Unless you're preaching you gosple from some far off Muslim country and you have the scares to back it up.

I don't understand your English.
The facts are in the text, and conjecture is laid at the cross. And barried with him in baptism, just like any other sin.

The Son of God is neither pacifist nor warmonger. He is God and will do whatever possible to bring whatever conflict to a peaceful resolution according to His terms. I doubt very seriously He needs swords.

I just state what is in the Greek text, and in that situation.
If he told his deciples "enough" meaning for them to stop carrying on. Then why did he himself tell them to buy swords? Was he speaking to them in figure, or was he double minded?
It seems like there would be commentary in scripture to the disciples mis decernment if that were the case, as there is in other situations they got wrong. The word "enough" is correctly translated as sufficient.

Matthew 5:38-44

You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.” But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

You have heard it said, “You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.” But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

The two swords were enough for Him to be consider among the lawless, as the prophecy started He would be.

But there are some here that think the Greek translation for sword is AR15.

They didn't kick it off. If anything, they tried to stop it - along with their other cousin the Tsar of Russia. To quote Wilhelm's biographer:
"Three Emperors avowedly opposed to war were driven by the ambition, vindictiveness, and incompetence of their Ministers into a conflict whose danger for their thrones they all three recognized from the first and, if only for that reason, tried to avoid."
And Lord Grey of Britain:
"If matters had rested with him (the Kaiser) there would have been no European War arising out of the Austro-Serbian dispute."
The idea this was caused by the monarchs was a myth, created to shift the blame from the many people who were actually at fault and direct public anger at specific individuals who could be made scapegoats.

If you're interested in WW1, here's an excellent book I have referenced before and cannot recommend highly enough: Falsehood in wartime: Propaganda lies of the First World War, by Lord Arthur Ponsonby of Britain, 1928.

Austria declared war on Serbia due to a small dispute. Germany was dragged in due to a mutual defense agreement with Austria. Russia was dragged in due to an agreement with Serbia. France was dragged in due to an agreement with Russia. Britain was dragged in due to secret agreements with France. And Britain brought in the Commonwealth and eventually the USA, making it a world war. The governments and militaries driving the war all thought it would be over rapidly and would simply achieve specific limited goals within Europe, very rapidly and with limited bloodshed due to new technology. None foresaw the way it would escalate nor the bloodshed that occurred. The whole thing was an unplanned disaster.

And that is the danger with trying to solve a problem through violence. It can sound like a quick and effective solution to a small problem. But it can quickly blow up into something that was never intended.
With respect to kicking things off, that was not intended to imply that either had the notion in their mind to go to war with the other at the outset but simply that they were the leaders...be they figurehead to varying degrees or not and things did get kicked off in the end. My commentary was more aimed at the fact that it is peculiar to think of those nations ruled by moderately close family members going to war with each other at all. Then by modern lights it is odd to imagine a family ruling multiple countries.

Back