• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Parental Blessing

aineo

Staff member
Real Person*
Male
I just read an interesting article in the WSJ: Should You Still Get Parents' Blessing Before Your Proposal?

I find it interesting that the title suggests "parents", but the lion's share of the examples in the article refer to fathers.

I also found it interesting that 77% of people marrying still follow this. I would have expected it to be far lower.

I just read an interesting article in the WSJ: Should You Still Get Parents' Blessing Before Your Proposal?

I find it interesting that the title suggests "parents", but the lion's share of the examples in the article refer to fathers.

I also found it interesting that 77% of people marrying still follow this. I would have expected it to be far lower.
Arranged marriages were discussed on this forum a while back. If I were king of the world, the parents would be the ones in charge of the proposal....I am oh so serious about this.:)

Back