• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Parnessah

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
ב"ה​
Please pray for my family's parnessah (livelihood).
I don't know what's going on but my business is not what it was.
Years ago I gave up a good paycheck as a programmer and bought a business with the goal of more freedom in the future when I one day had a family of having more time with them and to have more time to spend studying. It's my heart's desire to become a biblical scholar; I feel every hour that I'm away from study. Of course family and ministry are in there too. Over the years the business was rarely as profitable as I'd been as a consultant but my stress levels were much much much lower and my time for family and ministry and learning was much increased.

I need to decide if I should get a normal job or something. If I were in the states or Israel getting a normal job would be much easier; in the Philippines this is not so easy.

In the past when the business had an issue, we sucked it up, waited on the L-rd, and bam customers flowed in at the right time. We had a few huge setbacks like legal bullying from larger entities (quite claiming you are the biggest xyz on google even though you are or we'll sue you) which we couldn't fight so eventually we grew used to the smaller income. Now it's been several days and I'm getting concerned. As the paterfamilias, this is on me.
I should have posted this days ago but only now am I humble enough to ask for the prayer support. I can't ask our local communities to pray because in the culture this will be misinterpreted.

Specific prayer request aims:
1) For wisdom for direct actions I should take
2) For a blessing from the L-rd either in the form of more customers or some online way I can make some loot for my family to get us over the hump while I'm implementing #1

Thank you all in advance for your prayers

On it, brother.

Ish, I will pray for you that the HS will guide you and give you wisdom, and that G-d will provide a solution for you and your family.

Praying with you, brother.

Father G-d, we praise you for being a merciful and compasionate G-d. We recognize all we have is by your blessing. It is You, Adonai our G-d,Who nourishes, sustains, and supports every living creature. Provide our brother IshChayil with my allotment of bread, and bring forth food for him and all members of his household before he has need for it. May he be supported in contentment but not in pain, in a permissible but not a forbidden manner, in honor but not in disgrace, for life and for peace. May he and his family be supported from the flow of blessing and success,
and from the flow of the Heavenly spring, so that he will be able to do Your will, engage in Your Torah, and fulfill Your commandments. Make him not dependent on the generosity of other people, but give him the wisdom to be able to securely provide for his family. And may there be fulfilled in him the verse that states, "You open up Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing" And also the verse that states, "Cast Your burden upon G-d and He will support you".
In the mighty, loving and humbling name of Yeshua Hamashiach I pray on behalf of IshChayil. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. I have sworn, and have confirmed it, to observe Thy righteous ordinances. I am afflicted very much; quicken me, O HaShem, according unto Thy word. Accept, I beseech Thee, the freewill-offerings of my mouth, O HaShem, and teach me Thine ordinances. My soul is continually in my hand; yet have I not forgotten Thy law. The wicked have laid a snare for me; yet went I not astray from Thy precepts. Thy testimonies have I taken as a heritage for ever; for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined my heart to perform Thy statutes, for ever, at every step.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all of your prayers.
Update to the situation; as I was praying the daily Hebrew psalms today (to realign my focus on Him and not on our need) at the very end we got a customer. Barukh Hashem!

Praises be to Him for the customer! You are in my prayers.

Prayers from here, though I'm hoping things have improved much since you posted this.
As a side note, we find that when we give, we are blessed. Sometimes it comes from work for Samuel, sometimes through someone giving us food etc.
It's amazing too how little you can actually live off, and how if you look back you can see that you always had enough, even if it was only just enough.

Prayers from here, though I'm hoping things have improved much since you posted this.
As a side note, we find that when we give, we are blessed. Sometimes it comes from work for Samuel, sometimes through someone giving us food etc.
It's amazing too how little you can actually live off, and how if you look back you can see that you always had enough, even if it was only just enough.

Love this. So true. We've experiencde this as well.

Yeah, we know about minimizing. I'm taking massive action to open up other streams of revenue.
Anyone still praying for us the adjustment now I guess is that He give me wisdom in how to proceed (improving biz and "hunting").

I'm flirting with going full time ministry; I feel nudged in this direction anyway and it's funny, in times past I've often noticed if I neglected my business in order to do guest preaching in far away (read inconvenient) places, often there would be an unexpected love gift where I spoke that covered "just enough" like you mentioned. Often it seems Abba is showing off making the amount precise so it's hard to miss the providence. Of course you are also right about giving...it's a big step of trusting Him. Thanks for the thought and prayers and that advice.

Last edited:
some context if anyone feels led to pray for us some more. The customer I was so excited about last week was $100 gross.
I'm scrambling to change things with the business and also have started applying for online work. Continued prayers of anyone so moved is greatly appreciated.
Hoping it's just G-d wanting us to lean on Him more...as options wane I may be forced to work back in USA; I really am hoping I don't have to do that I don't want to be away from my family

Back