• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Paternal Reproductive Age Limit?

Diener

Real Person
Hello folks!

I tried searching the forums for this topic and the closest thing I found was on the last page of a discussion about 1 Cor 7:2 (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2309&hilit=age+of+fathers&start=30). So, I thought I would post a new topic here.

I find myself both curious and concerned about this because my husband and I have only now (later in life), come to seriously consider polygyny as a lifestyle. But since we are both older, I worry about leaving young children (and younger woman (than me, not the children ;) ) behind should we (or my husband) die. What should the women do in that case? Then all that house building gets scattered to the wind as each widow finds a new husband to serve. My husband does have a plan in this circumstance, but I don't feel it is my place to post it here.

And what of genetic stability? Does there seem to be a great problem with older men having genetically impaired children even with young women? Should men be tested for this before continuing to have more children? Or do we just trust God as He opens wombs to the man's seed?

I have tended to rest in God's sovereignty in the matter, but I would appreciate hearing your views on these issues.

I do not seek to impose any view on others; however for myself I plan to keep on going and achieve as many children as possible (God willing) before I die. Financially they should be fine, and I hope to have built enough family tradition and legacy that the children will continue in that momentum. ylop

Thank you for your reply, ylop.

Admittedly, when it is just my husband and myself, I don't worry so much about what might happen, though I am concerned about who would raise Liam (and any other children the Lord blesses us with) should be both die. I do think about that sometimes, because I know we should have a serious plan in place for such a circumstance. I imagine I would have the same worry over my sister-wife's children, too. Clearly, any lady we choose for a 2nd should be one that I would happily and thankfully trust to raise our master's children, should I die. But children still need a father or they just find themselves in the same predicament as all the other families with single mothers in our culture these days.

As for having children when we are older, life and death are firmly in the hands of God. I trust that those that He places in the womb and makes to grow and be born are part of His purpose, even if they have a genetic defect. This is not out of His control, so should I have a Down's baby, I will welcome that little one just as much as I would one without Down's. I personally think that such children have a special place in God's heart, they are so very loving and gentle and humble. So I do not ever fear what may be when I become pregnant, even if He should chose to take the little one before they ever breathe one breath.

Ah, thank you! I have ordered the book and should have it by the time we get back from our Thanksgiving vacation in Texas. :)

Fantastic, I look forward to the book review on this thread after Thanksgiving! ylop

Back