• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

PB & J Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

poly2_2011

Access Comments on the PB & J Files

Hello to all Biblical Families. I am (well lets call me Jen) and I am the 2nd wife. My SW (Beth)is also a member on here we are both brand new here. Hubby we will call peter. lol, yes PB and J. when we post we will be the PB and J files. Beth and i intend to blog on here as we have seen the other blogs and think that our story would be helpful as well as would enjoy the support and interation we would receive back.

As for how we are set up, Beth stays at home with the kids and is currently taking a break from finishing her teaching degree, I work nights 4 nights a week (working on changing to a day job) and Peter works mostly days as a manager at a retail store, so occasionally works nights.

Peter and Beth looked for a SW for 2 years before we met online. I was only online for 2 months when they contacted me through a poly dating site. We had to establish our relationship without meeting in person as I was soo far away in Canada.

I was only looking for families that lived in the south due to multiple reasons. I had not really hit it off with anyone else when they contacted me. I was very open and continued talking to other families until I felt a deep connection with Peter (which didn't take long). It was like it was meant to be.

Peter and Beth had given up for a time and had gone off the site for a prolonged period before they felt the need to look again right before they found me. I, in turn, had been looking at Polygyny for quite some time before I felt the pull to put up a profile.

God was definitely steering our actions and hearts when He brought us all together. Beth was reluctant to talk to me on the computer at first (she hates video) but we determined to chat vocally through skype and we felt like we had known each other our whole lives almost immediately. It didn't take long and we all knew we had found our soul mates.

We began to plan for my children and I to move down south. At first we were going to move in the summer of 2012 but that seemed soo far away. However, i did not want to move my kids in the middle of the year. So we decided to hurry up and take a leap of faith and move down in summer 2011.

I had a lot of preparation to do. I had to finish renovating my house, sell it, and get all the paperwork and school stuff set out.

The school stuff was difficult because the school year starts and ends on different dates up there than down here. But i persevered and with much support from my friends and my future partners in life I got it all done.

We said goodbye to family and friends and loaded up the dogs and our few remaining possessions in the truck and the camper and set off on a very long drive. It was quite an adventure and we made many stops and even made it through a tornado. Bbut eventually we got here and moved into the house next door to Peter and Beth. took 8 days in total, with myself the only driver of course. I stopped to visit family for 2 days when we were about 1 day out from our new home.

This journey became a transformation for not only our location but the closer we got the lighter my heart became and the more anticipation I felt, (and admittedly I normally do not have much patience for loud children and dogs on long trips, i am working on that). I believe that because what i was doing was so right that I was lifted above my normal foibles and was given more strength to make it through that trip, turning what could have been a huge trial into an adventure fondly looked back upon.

When we finally all met face to face it was almost anti-climatic. I was actually feeling a bit let down at first but as we continued i realized that the whole reason it wasn't a "Wham" moment was because we were already sharing our souls and we all fit so well that it was as if we were pieces sliding into a hole in a puzzle that had been yearning to be all together and searching for its lost piece all along. It has truly been shocking how well we all do together.

I admit to having my fears that I was jumping in too fast and gonna end up in over my head. I even had backup plans as to where we would go and how we would live if need be. I am happy to say they were not necessary. Thank God. There were issues of course as there will always be when combining two families into one but much fewer and easily resolved then they could have been.

I had planned on going slow once we got here and giving my children time to adjust to the new concept as well as the new people and the move, but as things went along it became clear that my extreme caution was unnecessary. We came down in June and by August we felt comfortable enough to move into the main house with Peter and Beth and their children.

This course of action brought its own challenges as we were now trying to squeeze 9 people into a 4 bedroom house. We put the girls in one room, the boys in another, Beth kept her room, and I got my own room. We then attempted to cram all of the stuff we brought with us into my room. :lol:

My Children are a little older and have lived with me their whole lives so they know my rules and quirks and phobias and behave accordlingly (mostly), whereas Peter and Beths 3 oldest children are not that old and do not know me as well as my own daughters (obviously) and are not quite as good at taking care of material things.

This is where I must admit that I have an irrational attachment to the material things that I brought with me simply because I purged so much before i came . So the things I brought were the things that had meaning or necessity. I really am trying to release my mental hold on "my" things and try to think of them as our things, but it is hard.

Also i feel the need to defend myself and say i am not all that materialistic, the things I prize the most are books and photos and the things I chose to keep that were expensive. I have issues with when they don't take care of them not because they are important to me but because they represent alot of effort on my part to attain in the first place and I feel that the person who misuses them is being disrespectful of me when they are careless. I make every effort to take care of everyone else things and the stuff they have invested in, so feel that it should be returned.

OK short rant done. I apologize, apparently I do still have issues that I need to deal with. Needless to say I ended up in a cramped room with not much space to move around in. Sometimes i feel like those people on "hoarders", buried in my own stuff. We are attempting to alleviate the space issue through organization and yet more purging. Really i need to invest in another space for the things that are for work or sewing or jewelry making all of which are activities i do, or did and miss.

Peter and I joined as man and wife on Sept 11, 2011. We did not go on a honeymoon or do anything extra special but the timing just felt right. Peter, Beth, and I will be going on a trip together soon to celebrate both Peter and I joining and Beth and Peter's anniversary.

Beth did experience some jealousy issues and has been asking God for help to deal with them and leaning on both Peter and I for support as well. She is not sure why I don't have jealousy issues as well and I think it hinders her in recovering from her own jealousy because she feels guilty for having the jealousy feelings. I try to reassure her that it is a lifetime of false morality pushing her to feel that way and she needs to not expect herself to just be OK with it. She truly believes this is what we are all meant to do and that God has led us to this lifestyle.

Oddly it has not affected Beth's and my relationship negatively, although it has put stress on relations between Peter and Beth. Also as Beth is feeling closer to me and as Beth and I experience a deeper love for each other she is dealing with the jealousy better.

I feel the need to point out that while I expected to have a best friend relationship with Beth i did not know I would love her. She is a beautiful soul and deserving of all the love she receives as she is so sweet and caring of everyone around her. She is profoundly affected by those in need and tries her best to help everyone she comes in contact with and some she doesn't come in contact with. She is quite empathetic and is helping me to see myself in a new light and helps me to take a step back when I have done something rashly. She helps me to be a better person and I love her all the more for it.

This lifestyle and these wonderful people have been so loving and supportive, and all without sacrificing who they are, that i weep for the me that missed being with them for the many years I searched for the place I fit into. My life before this choice has had many struggles that have left many scars on my soul and both Peter and Beth help to heal them every day.

Do not get me wrong; we have had our struggles and our arguments. But we have managed to resolve them all with minimal consequences and have been able to return fully to our light hearts rather then letting anything fester to come out again later. I believe that particular part is a key component of this lifestyle choice.

Also we have all three of us had to take the role of mediator at some point. Again a key point where i think that poly lifestyle fits me better at least in that someone outside of the argument can pull the two of us that are disagreeing to look at our arguments rationally without prejudice, and so we come to an agreement faster and with less hurt feelings.

I am leaving this introduction at that since it appears my short note is turning into a small book. :lol: I hope to hear from many of you and develop some true friendships with like minded individuals that we do not have to hide our choices from for fear of repercussions. Goodnight all or in my case good day since i must still continue to work for the remainder of the night. :)

Hey all. I am Beth. I am not really sure how to start this but Jen and I decided that we wanted to introduce ourselves and blog about our life so that we can draw insight from others as well as hopefully give others insight into our life. As you can tell Jen is the more comfortable when it comes to starting this sort of thing but I am sure as we get going that I will find my groove.

Friday, 1/20/12

Well the last few weeks have been rather interesting. We have been discussing finances around here mostly cause it is Tax time. and making plans. We decided to go on a cruise with just us three adults and leave the kids at home with some of Beth's family we are all looking forward to it. Beth has been so excited and she has been online looking everything up non stop. I have been looking at what our other plans are with our tax return money and we have decided to buy a new couch, the old one is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaally old, and it doesn't have enough room for all of us. We finally decided on a sectional after i looked and looked online and a large coffee table with 4 little storage ottomans tucked under it that provide some extra seating and we can store video game stuff and baby toys in them. It should look very nice and we should be able to all sit at the same time and have space for guests. On that note is has been research galore around here in our spare time.

The other stuff that has been going on is plans for renovation to convert the garage into another master bedroom and the back porch into a laundry room and another much needed bathroom. with 9 people and only one bathroom it has been a stretch. we have other plans for more renovation at a later date when we can afford it but with all our plans we are running short on both money and house to renovate! lol

On top of all these plans some other changes have occurred. The youngest member of our little clan is growing like a weed and has found his voice so he spends most of the day excercising it! his growth is a never ending source of excitement and happiness but it certainly makes catching up on all the sleep I lose all weekend difficult. I work nights on Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. so with the kids home on the weekend I do not get sleep but for a couple hours on sun. I used to sleep while they were at school on the weekdays and also on Wed night but with the baby talking all day (quite vigorously) I have a difficult time sleeping during the day. After discussing this with both Peter and Beth, we decided that what is best for our family is for me to find a day job when we return from our cruise together. well everyone knows that lack of sleep makes your immune system iffy to say the least and with my already supressed immune system due to some health problems and my lack of exposure to all the vuruses/bacteria of this area I have been ill for awhile now. we are hoping I will be better by the time we set sail. so that is a whole nother reason for me to have a dayjob

well that is all for now i have to go make some lunch and take something out for supper.

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:30 PM
Received: Fri, 7:36pm. Go figure

Well this journey has been a long one but been worth every bit of it.

Peter and I started praying and searching over 2 years ago for God's will in our life. We both felt as if our family was not complete and that there was something God wanted us to do but we could not put our fingers on it. Once we let ourselves quit doing the guiding and let God decide we knew that polygamy was what we were destined for.

After searching long and hard and having many disappointing times Peter and I had both given up searching. We took a break and thought maybe we were wrong. That is when God brought us back and sort of gave us a slap on the head as to ask what we were doing and why were we not doing what he asked. It was obvious that we must start searching again.

God himself brought Jen to us not long after starting our search over. It was a lightbulb moment. Everything went almost too perfectly. Peter and Jen fell head over heels for one another and were almost like teenagers again.

I will have to admit that I experienced much jealousy during this time and had to pray on a daily basis for God to deal with my heart. The odd thing was I was not mad or furious at Jen. I was angry at Peter. I say angry when in all honesty it was more of a hurt feeling.

My relationship with Jen was better than I could have ever expected. Obviously we had our bumps that we had to cross but that is really all they were....."bumps" not hills or mountains but sort of like little speed bumps.

Peter and I slowly started growing closer as God dealt with me. Well after all that Peter, Jen, and I have been an official family for almost 5 months now and I love Peter more than I ever thought I did before. I also love Jen more than I could have ever thought I would. We are not just sister-wives we are best friends and sisters. She and I make each other better people.

Now that I have said all that I will start talking hopefully on a daily basis about our life and how it progresses. Peter and I will soon celebrate our 11 yr. anniversary and I can't wait till I can say the same about our new family!

Friday, Jan. 20,2012

Today has been very interesting.

I slept all of the morning and Jen watched the baby for me. Jen went to sleep about 7:30 last night and slept til 6:30 so she was good and caught up on her sleep so I slept today.

After I woke up it was time to get the baby girl and start some more of the cleaning out process. We have moved the teenage girl to her own room and given the younger girls more room for their toys and so forth.

I am so glad that Jen and I went in there because the amount of clothes that the girls had out grown was unbelievable. No wonder there was no room left in their closets. Needless to say now both Jen and my patience are gone.

The boys who are 7 yr. old twins and 6 mo. were no help while we were working with the girls. The twins were suppose to be doing chores while we were getting the girls to try on clothes and instead they were getting into things.

We have a set schedule around here so that life flows a little easier with 6 children. However days like today when we are doing organizational things are harder.

Jen was such a sweetheart. My feet were killing me from standing on them for so long and she noticed that I had water retention in them so she gave me a foot massage. I know. "Sweet" right?! Now Peter is home and talked to each one of the children before sitting down to rest himself.

To wrap things up I still have alot more work to do in the girls room before they have enough space to actually play and I have to catch up on laundry.

Oh! Laundry, my arch nemesis. It is a never ending chore that needless to say with this many people is something that taking a day off from is out of the question. I would absolutely love to have at least 2 washers and dryers one day to help.

In the end the Lord has blessed us with another beautiful day and no matter how frustrated we may get we are still a family and push through to see the positives.

Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012

Well another day has come and gone and I have to say for the most part it has been a really good day. I let Peter and Jen sleep this morning since Peter had to work the 11-8 shift and Jen has to work tonight. Once Jen woke up she and I went to work on completing the girls' room and putting away more stuff that they do not need till either spring or one grows up enough to fit into it. She and I did have a conversation tonight about the kids. I have this pet peeve about disrespect. My children are getting older and are picking up on some things that others are doing so I expressed my feelings about the kids having to add their two cents into a conversation instead of saying yes ma'am and doing what they were told. She was very supportive as always and we talked to the oldest one about it saying that she is the one that the little ones look up too.

As for the other kids they always have stuff going on. One of the twins has a sty on his eye and needless to say it would have to be the one that is over dramatic about EVERYTHING. You would think that he is dying at the moment and no matter what I do he just cries. Right now Jen is trying to get in a quick nap before going to work. If I can just get him to calm down and go to sleep so she can get some peaceful sleep I will be happy. The rest of the kids went to bed great and Peter will be home soon so the night is wrapping up well.

I have been doing alot of thinking lately and wondering about how to approach the issues of children. We have felt lead for quite some time that Peter should take a third wife. Jen is unable to have anymore and since I am the one legally married to Peter I don't run into any problems but what about the third. We all would love more children but do not know how things would work out in that sense. Maybe I am jumping the gun and just need to continue to pray about it. Children are definitely a gift from God and we will be more than happy with any more that arrive I just want everything to run smooth and everyone to be happy. I know that at times this is impossible but I do strive for this goal. Peter just arrived home so I need to get off. I am going to make Jen some supper to take to work and try to have everything together so that she can spend a little bit of time with Peter before going to work.

God bless everyone and have a great night.

Saturday, 1/21/12 later

Well i really like be able to read what Beth has to say on here as well, we don't always say the things we should to each other like Thank you when life has got us caught up in the moment and public praise certainly has even more benefits. I find myself occasionally overwhelmed by love and warmth when i read her posts. She tries to make me sound like a saint however as she minimizes her own contributions. She is such a trooper and does most of the big household stuff except cooking and kitchen stuff as well as riding herd on the kids and trying to make both Peter and my lives easier on a daily basis. I do not think she realizes how much she is appreciated.

I had to work this night so today she let me sleep in and went and got me lunch from town. When i got up she told me i could go back to bed, me being my stubborn self I stayed up and we moved furniture some more in shuffling the girls around to give them more space etc. then went into the trailer (which we use for storage) and moved all kinds of stuff around trying to find all of my daughters stuff.

I think i may have pulled a muscle somewhere along the way. That's what I get for not doing what I should have and going back to bed. I did go to bed and get about an hour nap in before work and Beth came and woke me up and had some food packed up for me and drinks in jugs for me to take, sooo sweet, makes me love her all the more, she is so intent on making those around her happy.

The bad part of today is that I basically missed Peter, we saw each other for maybe a minute and a half before i went to work since he didn't get home from work till it was almost time for me to leave and i slept in the morning. We do this almost all weekend so it feels like we are really part time married, I do not know how other people cope with having their schedules on opposite times of day.

On another note we are having to start to deal with teenage behavior in my eldest daughter. Oh joy, in the interests of independence why do all teens need to be mouthy?

And on the final note we are truly grateful for all of the helpful advice and insights on Biblical Families.

goodnight all and God bless.

Sunday Jan. 22, 2012

Well tonight I am laying here watching tv with Peter and Jen is working. I am trying to convience Peter that he should blog as well. I think that people would love to reaad his perspective as well. I know that I would. Jen and I are growing closer blogging because there are things that we might not say to each other that we type on here.

The baby seems to being having issues lately. He cant seem to get to sleep without first waking up crying several times. All kids are in bed and he was asleep again until just now so Peter went to check on him. Peter is such a great father. There is nothing he would not do for his children. I told him last night that I can't wait to see how many children that the dear Lord blesses us with. I went to school for teaching but even though I am going to go back in the fall and complete my last 2 semesters I would really love to be able to just stay home and do what I need to do around the house to make things run smoother.

I have been reading the thriftness thread and have discussed with Peter and Jen the things in it and other ways that we can save money. We all agree that we want to try to be more thrifty especially with 9 people in the house and the possibility of more. One thing that we are not going to be thrifty with though is our vacation. Peter, Jen and I are leaving to go on our cruise Sunday. I am so looking forward to it. I am going to miss the kids but I am looking forward to the time alone. Well I guess I have to go. Peter could not get the baby back to sleep so now it is time for mama to try.

Jan. 25 Wed.

The past couple of days have not had very much excitement. Life continues to go as usual. Jen has just completed another week of overnights and now will not go back to work for 2 weeks because we leave for the Bahamas on Sunday. Peter has to work Thurs. and Fri. then he is off for 9 days. I have NEVER left my kids for this long so I hope everything goes well. I am one nervous mama. I think the 3 oldest of mine have only spent the night away at the most 10days in the past 4 yrs. That includes staying with my mother. Hopefully when we return Jen can find a day job so that we are all on the same schedule and she will be able to spend more time with the kids.

Jen and I were able to get on the ladies chat last night for the first time and it was interesting. I hope to be able to make that a weekly event. It is hard though with 6 kids and it falling right at supper time for us. :D In other news I can not wait for our tax return to get here so we can go shopping. Neither Jen nor I have any formal wear for the cruise so it is a must that we go buy us some clothes. It has been a long time since I have bought myself anything so I am really excited.

I just finished putting the 3 middle school kids on the bus and now have to get the baby girl ready for school. Luckily the oldest is very responsible and gets herself up and ready. She comes and tells us goodbye before leaving for the bus. For being 12yrs. old she is a very mature and responsible 12yr. most of the time.

Jen just went to bed and I am letting Peter sleep in with her this morning since it is his day off. The cutest thing is that I went in the room to get something and piled in the king size bed is Jen, Peter, and my 6mo. baby boy. They are all sleeping so peacefully. I so wanted to take a picture. It is things like that when I realize this is what God had planned all along.

Last night I had a depressing night but seem to be better this morning. I suffer from depression and have for many years but I opt to not take medication for it. Instead I have chosen to pray when I get depressed or jealous and most of the time it works. God seems to send a peace over me that no medicine can do. I had to take meds when I was pregnant because of the depression but I was able to stop them not long after having my son.

Well I guess I need to quit rambling and go get the baby girl up. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Jan. 29, 2012

Well it has been a rough couple of days and also a busy couple of days so I have not posted for a bit. We are really disappointed because we were taking our cruise on our income tax return and well the government had a problem with their system and well we will not get our return till after the cruise leaves so we are now unable to go.

Jen and I have been having some disagreements, which are sure to come when merging 2 families. I remind myself that when Peter and I first married we had many disagreements and discussions until we had come to know each other more and build our relationship. There are different parenting styles and I realize this. She and I have both parented differently in the past and now we are trying to comprimise on how to parent together. Since we all live in the same house this is very important. I really dont want there to be separate rules for her children and my children. Anyways it will all work out in the long run I am sure.

Yesterday we took the family to New Orleans to the Aquarium of the Americas and to the Riverwalk to eat. We had fun for the most part. Obviously with she and I not being on the same track there was a little tension but not too much. Everyone still enjoyed themselves. We were all exhausted by the time we got home. I was in bed before 8 last night.

Today I am letting Jen and Peter sleep in since he is on vacation and I went to bed earlier than they did. We are suppose to change our plans and head out to Key West after our money comes in but we will see how that goes. At this point I am not getting my hopes up because we never know with the government when things are coming in. Oh well we will just have to wait and see how things turn out. For now I am going to sit here and let my 6 yr. old read me a book. He really struggles in reading so the fact that he wants to read me a book is an improvement.

Well I am getting off for today I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Tuesday 3/27/12

Alright, first off let me apologizer for taking so long to post another file. We went on vacation and apparently I got so well rested I forgot my user name for Biblical Families.

The Vacation went well and Peter, Beth and I went to Florida and didn’t take any kids with us. We had a grand time and reconnected (which frankly we needed to do). We went to SeaWorld and Universal Studios and had a great time not hiding the fact that we were a poly family.

Peter had a great time holding both of our hands at the same time, putting his arms around both of us, etc. and Beth and I revelled in not having to censor our conversations. We got some strange looks but we were fine with it.

Since we have been home we have had to go back to the usual grind. I got an extra vacation from work (unplanned) since for a time it looked like I wasn’t needed. Not so good for the finances but it made Beth decide to go back to work part time at least. She works at a local pizza place and most days she loves it, although she doesn’t want pizza for supper anymore, lol.

I am home with the baby, who is growing like a little weed, every weekday until she gets home. I have taken over the household chores (mostly) and some days she gets a nap in when she gets home and i do homework with the kids. She is struggling with feeling like she should be doing more around the house but I keep telling her she is working now and I am home anyway and it would be unreasonable to expect her to do it all!

Work, school and coaching two of the kids' sports teams is lots already. I can do the chores and homework with the kids. Course last week I was taken ill with my Fibro for a few days during some particularly bad weather so alot of laundry got left undone while I recuperated but I am almost all caught up now and it is only Tuesday so no harm done. I find I am really enjoying being a (mostly) stay at home mom (I work three nights a week and one evening, so I am here for all the other stuff and every daytime) as my mother says. When asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always answered “A mom!”.

I also am really enjoying the beautiful weather we are getting, I saved 5 turtles the other day from certain death as roadkill. And yes I pulled over and picked them up and put them off the road so they could continue on their merry way, I also brake for caterpillars, butterflies, birds and squirrels as long as I won’t cause any traffic problems.

Well gotta run and pick up the smallest girl from school and run some errands, enjoy the spring everyone!

Access Cpmments on the PB & J Files

Monday 4/2/12

Well Beth and Peter went out to a pre poly friends house for a little well deserved R&R and I stayed home with the kids, took them to church to watch the eldest daughter sing with the other youth and wrangled them all back home in time to get ready for work and put them to bed before i ran out the door with the eldest watching the baby while the others slept.

That isn't the focus of my file today though. I want to talk about how we are dealing with my EX.

As you all know, the girls and I moved 3000 miles to be with our new family and we do not regret that decision in any fashion neither I nor my girls. They love it here just as much as I do and love their new mom and dad too. Admittedly occasionally the littler kids get on their nerves but the same can be true of each other so they are all behaving like true siblings and have slid into our new family like we have always been there. Thats the good part.

The bad part is that they still miss their dad, of course. But they get to chat with him via Webcam every week and will be going back to Canada to visit for the summer months. This will be the first time they have been away from me for more that a night in the younger ones case and more than a week in the elders case. I and the rest of our poly family will miss them terribly, but the worst part is they will be under the care of their dad who just doesn't parent very well and is generally irresponsible and unorganized in his own life. One of the issues that used to drive me crazy was his dependence on me to do all of his stuff for him I cannot tell you how many times he gave me trouble for not finishing his paperwork or something similar(always failing to see that he was talking about HIS responsibilities) when he had not even told me about them or asked for my help.

In this particular instance he has failed to realize that he will need to provide someone to look after the kids while they are visiting and everyone else is either in school or at work while they are there. He lives with his current girlfriend and her daughter who will both be at the school for the first month the girls are visiting. To add to the problem he lives in a questionable area of the city that when we were married we had agreed to never live in because of the danger it would pose to the kids.

So to break it down he had intended to leave them home alone all day in a bad neighborhood with no one to care for them and no way to reach him while he is at work. This is typical of his organizational skills.

This SCARES me. It makes me cringe to think about how they will be cared for. As it is now the kids are never left alone for more than a few hours and they are always able to reach someone who is close by. (I work across the street literally) and the eldest daughter is old enough to handle that. Also we live in a rural area so we don't have a whole lot of the dangers inherent in living in the city. Before the breakdown of my prior marriage we lived in a small town with no transit connection to the closest city and someone was always home with the kids or they were at some close friends that lived down the road.

Also we live in MS, I gave my ex specific airports that he could book the flight for the girls out of and I found out today he booked it out of Houston in Texas. It boggles my mind how that got mixed up. Again though a typical mistake. So dealing with frustration from him is difficult for me.

I also got asked a bunch of questions when we were off the web chat by the younger kids. I was very upset at the time and Called him a jerk - not a word I would typically use around the kids since it is name calling and we try not to have name calling - but I messed up and said it anyway. My youngest daughter was upset by this and I found her crying. I apologized and tried to explain and promised to try harder not to call him names. I sometimes wonder how I can teach them that his decisions are not good ones and that his actions are not ok without bad mouthing him to them which I feel I should not do and which hurts their feelings. Not something Poly related but something which is relevant to other single moms who join poly families so a situation that may be experienced by others in this lifestyle. Can God make someone else that is not a christian (more atheist than agnostic) grow and change or do they have to be a christian?

Anyway that has been the most irritating part of the week the rest of it has been filled with Baseball and softball - it is that time of year and with 5 kids involved in one of the two sports we sometimes feel like we live at the local baseball park. It has been challenging finding meals I can put together and serve picnic style at the fields. lol I have run out of new things to discuss so adios till next time.

"Jen"

Monday, April 16, 2012

Well it seems we are facing the "put your families together" struggles rather than the "being new to each other" struggles, so i guess that is a good thing. We have been struggling with different ideas on how we raise children, and of course each of us thinks we are right 100% of the time and since it is our children involved we are all a bit touchy when it comes to this subject.

I find that for myself it is hard because i have had to fight for appropriate choices with my ex so i am used to defending my choices when it comes to raising the children and my default when whoever i am "discussing" with won't agree is "my kids my rules." uUfortunately this doesn't always work in a poly household.

Also the whole submissive thing is new to me and quite frankly being open with my personal beliefs in regards to God and Jesus is new as well. I have never been in an environment where "I believe in God, but I don't believe in Religion" (yes with a capital R -- most of them tend to think they are the be all end all) was particularly accepted. My family aren't Christians and neither is my ex so again not very conducive to talking about it.

Anyway back to the topic on hand - it is hard for me to just bow out and let my husband decide, particularly when it is a region specific thought pattern that i don't agree with. However we are all learning and growing with each new "discussion" and i am becoming less defensive as i learn to trust my spouse and SW. I once had someone tell my ex it must be very difficult to live with me since i am right all the time, and we all laughed but it really must have been difficult to live with someone who had always thought out their decisions and so when you looked at a problem logically I was found to be right. On the other hand it is difficult learning to not always be right. I am now so used to being the one with the answers that it is doubly difficult to accept when I am not right. or when it is a case of everyone is right they just have differing opinions.

So we all are learning to agree to disagree. Hard to do that when it comes to the kids though. Does anyone else out they experience the "Mama bear syndrome" where it is an automatic jump to your child's defense when the SW is getting onto them in regards to anything till you find out your child actually did need discipline? I sure hope it isn't just Beth and I.

We are all learning to be more forgiving in any case. Perhaps that is why God brought us all together in the first place. And please do not think that our lives are always fraught with disagreements it is equally full of love and support. ta ta till later.

Sounds like a normal marriage to me....every family has to deal with these 'give and take' issues.

Blessings

Doc

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thought I ought to update you all, I am sorry for being so erratic in our posts.

It is coming up on our anniversary here very shortly and I have to say that while we went through a lot of adjustments this past year we are settling into a more relaxed version of daily living. There has been quite a bit of stress in our household over the year and it took a lot of compromising and a lot of bold discussions and more self examination and more compromise, shake and repeat, to get to where we are today. Beth and I are truly finding our SW groove and Peter and I are getting to the point where we are more comfortable with sharing the uncomfortable side of marriage with each other. I still have a huge streak of foolishness which sometimes leads me into trouble, and there have been more health related issues recently , with no end in sight for those. but ah well, that's life.

I am working in a store these days being a cashier and loving it (most days) I mean they PAY me to TALK to people all day.

We all live under one roof for now but will be getting our own spaces later. But even knowing that a space is planned makes compromise now easier. We of course still deal with every day issues of children and growth etc.

The girls had a great time in Canada and I had a miserable time with them gone, but they are back and now we are going through the "get re-used to the way things are here" phase. As expected the EX did not live up to his end of the bargain for most of the things over the summer and so the price is being paid by all those it affects, mostly the girls.

I told my mother I am a polygamist and she was surprisingly accepting. She still hasn't come to visit though.

We are all growing and learning every day and it is amazing the things that stick in your craw one day and then a few months down the road don't seem as important. Oh my ego is evil. I struggle with it all the time.

Beth and I have discovered that most of the things that hurt our feelings about the other one are felt mutually by the other but in reverse! I feel left out from the family and lost and so does she at the same time! So we have taken to reminding each other how important we are!

We have had a few emergency type stresses this year as well, and things we hadn't even thought to discuss have shown up as differing. I for instance value my pets much more than anyone who was in this family before I got here. To me my pets are part of my family, full members that contribute in their own ways, whereas Beth and Peter both feel they are just dogs, great dogs, fun dogs, worthy of time and love and care dogs, but just dogs. They are so sweet in realizing my need for them and raising their importance for my benefit. Well and the girls too. They both feel the same as I do. One of my dogs was hit by a truck and lost a rear leg but is finally recovered almost completely. They were very supportive though that trying time for me.

And as I mentioned earlier My health decided to remind me why I was essentially house ridden for 2 years and Everyone got a big dose of reality of when I just can't cope due to illness that isn't necessarily visible till it has gone to far. I am also recovering though and didn't even miss work one day (I am so proud of myself!)

I am sorry we missed the retreat but as you can imagine with other emergencies cropping up we just couldn't swing it financially. I hear you all had a lovely time though and wish I could have been there. maybe next time. Well I am once again up waaayyy too late and off to bed to recuperate for tomorrow. Peace, love, tolerance to all and May God Bless you in ways you couldn't imagine.

"Jen"

Sunday, 09/09/2012

Well it is officially my anniversary it has been one year since we became a poly family, and I am spending it sitting on the couch waiting to hear how Peter is doing because he had to leave work today for Beth to take him to the hospital to get him checked out cause he hurt his back. I just finished saying to him this morning on our way to work that I was really happy we made it a year and that I didn't want to say that I hoped there were many more to come cause then something bad would happen. It is times like these that it really brings out that we need to have this lifestyle recognized by the authorities as I was left standing at work trying to pretend I wasn't completely shattered when Beth came up behind me to tell me she was taking Peter to the hospital cause he was hurt.

Monday, 09/10/2012

Well an update They are home from the hospital and it is "just" a severely pulled muscle, he has to rest it and take all the meds they gave him and he can barely walk with help and is all bent over like an old man, I feel awful for him, why is it we can take being hurt ourselves far easier then seeing someone we love hurt?

The eldest cried in her room from worry earlier so I woke her up to tell her he was ok. I still feel guilty for having "jinxed" it this morning despite knowing that I had nothing to do with it and it wasn't my fault.

Keep praying for Peter to heal well and fast. Thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back