• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pentecostals Discussing Polygyny

Doc

Real Person
. . . Not to be outdone by the Mennonites, I have started a thread over at the Pentecostal/Assemblies of God forum asking if polygyny, as practiced by the Old Testament patriarchs, is a sin.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7431492/

This is a very active forum. Let's see if there is any discussion.

Blessings,

I'll tag along there, but I get the impression it will quickly degenerate into, 'if a guy can why cant a girl?' and drivel like that.

It looks like if you want that to go anywhere you have to get the topic moved to ethics or you need to post in their ethics section. It had a good start though.

As a life long pentecostal I can almost assure you that you aren't getting anywhere with most of them. Their whole experiential approach allows them too many escape hatches. I had high hopes for the Mennonites though, it seems like a natural fit.

Thanks for that, Hugh. I am looking for the previous thread. If you know where to find it, I would like to know.

Back