• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Perhaps the most "Pro-Polygyny" Parsha in the Book

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
This parsha contains some of the most unequivocal commandments in Scripture that point directly to the Truth that a man may have more than one wife. And, in at least one such in this chapter, that it can be required.

Yet there are more 'statutes, judgments, and commandments' in this single section of Deuteronomy than almost anywhere else. And MOST of them are not only ignored, but reviled. Not to mention, 'twisted.'

But that turns out to be only a part of why the "neglected" instruction here is so vital to understand today, 'in such a time as this.'

Mere "revival" is not going to fix what's wrong. (Any more than a rigged election will.)

Yes!!

New insight this week that I'll develop for a video... Deu 25:7-9... Elders are to encourage, even persuade a man to take a second in the Levirate circumstance. To NOT persuade or attempt to persuade by the widow and elder would be a clear breaking of the command to the elders and widow... Thus, GOD COMMANDS POLYGYNY!!

How many wicked teachers, preachers, elders, etc today do exactly the opposite of this command?

...How many wicked teachers, preachers, elders, etc today do exactly the opposite of this command?
That is, indeed, the major point in this teaching. But I contend that just about everything in this parsha, for multiple reasons, but all having the same effect, is demonstrably in direct OPPOSITION to what 'the world' is pushing.

I'll check it out!

Back