• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pesach and the Messiah

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I have been studying the Feast days for awhile now. I have alot of one on one conversations, with men I respect, who's opinion differ from mine about whether we should observe the feastdays or why we should. One thing most of us could agree on is that they all prophecised Jesus. It is easy for most to see the connection between Passover and Christ. It's where I began.

I was reading John 6. In verse 4 we are told that Passover is approaching. Then we are told how Jesus multiplied the the loaves, walked on water, revealed his identity to the Apostles.

I began to think of what all is celebrated during Passover. There were parallels that I saw for the first time. Jesus revealing himself to the Apostles, G-d revealing himself to Moses. Jesus walking on water, Moses parting the red sea. Peter taking his eyes off Jesus and sinking, the Israelites taking there eyes off G-d and building an Idol. G-ds gift of Manna, Jesus multiplying the loafs. The multitudes that abandoned Moses during the Exodus when their faith was tested despite the miracles that got them there, The multitudes that rejected Jesus when there faith was tested despite the miracles he had done, G-d giving the law, Jesus defining the law. G-d freeing the Israelites from bondage, Jesus freeing us all from bondage. I started seeing Passover in a new light. It's was as if everthing in Exodus was foreshadowing Jesus's Ministry.

Then I started looking at the foods eaten and what they represented, once again I saw them diffrently.

Maror herbs: a bitter herb - representing sin
Zeroah: shank bone - representing the Passover sacrifice
Beitzah: A roasted hard-boiled egg- symbolizing festival sacrifice
Karpas: leafy green vegetable - symbolizing hope and redemption

There's more I'm missing I had notes but there was an accident involving children and a pitcher of Tea. The point is even the food on the ke'ara points to Jesus, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Kevin. As I'm sure you are aware by now, there is so much minutia in the NT that we just read right past like its an insignificant part of the story. Once you really study out the Exodus, in comparison with the NT, so much comes to light that proves to me that Jesus Christ is exactly who He claimed to be, primarily because He did things perfectly that the religious rulers of the time were performing or understanding incorrectly, yet when compared with the Exodus, a perfect match.

Ive also been doing some studying lately on how John presents Christ as "that Prophet" with all that goes with it. Perhaps when I have some more time, I'll include some links etc.

I have been studying the Feast days for awhile now. I have alot of one on one conversations, with men I respect, who's opinion differ from mine about whether we should observe the feastdays or why we should. One thing most of us could agree on is that they all prophecised Jesus. It is easy for most to see the connection between Passover and Christ. It's where I began.

I was reading John 6. In verse 4 we are told that Passover is approaching. Then we are told how Jesus multiplied the the loaves, walked on water, revealed his identity to the Apostles.

I began to think of what all is celebrated during Passover. There were parallels that I saw for the first time. Jesus revealing himself to the Apostles, G-d revealing himself to Moses. Jesus walking on water, Moses parting the red sea. Peter taking his eyes off Jesus and sinking, the Israelites taking there eyes off G-d and building an Idol. G-ds gift of Manna, Jesus multiplying the loafs. The multitudes that abandoned Moses during the Exodus when their faith was tested despite the miracles that got them there, The multitudes that rejected Jesus when there faith was tested despite the miracles he had done, G-d giving the law, Jesus defining the law. G-d freeing the Israelites from bondage, Jesus freeing us all from bondage. I started seeing Passover in a new light. It's was as if everthing in Exodus was foreshadowing Jesus's Ministry.

Then I started looking at the foods eaten and what they represented, once again I saw them diffrently.

Maror herbs: a bitter herb - representing sin
Zeroah: shank bone - representing the Passover sacrifice
Beitzah: A roasted hard-boiled egg- symbolizing festival sacrifice
Karpas: leafy green vegetable - symbolizing hope and redemption

There's more I'm missing I had notes but there was an accident involving children and a pitcher of Tea. The point is even the food on the ke'ara points to Jesus, at least in my eyes.
I am not a feast follower, but I respect those who are. Some day I will sit down and determine to follow them like our Lord did. I'm so lazy :(

Some day I will sit down and determine to follow them like our Lord did.
I can not think of a better reason;). It's alot more work than I thought it would be. Alot of studying which in my case leads to various rabbit holes to explore, but just making the decision has already created new growth and understanding in my family.

Ive also been doing some studying lately on how John presents Christ as "that Prophet" with all that goes with it. Perhaps when I have some more time, I'll include some links etc.
Cool, That sounds interesting.

ב"ה​
I am not a feast follower, but I respect those who are. Some day I will sit down and determine to follow them like our Lord did. I'm so lazy :(
Hey everyone is growing and learning more about the infinite depth of our G-d, and the title that pops to mind I think you guys will love, Hakadosh Barukh Hu (the Holy One, Blessed Be He). Instead of beating ourselves up if we mess up one of His holidays or a screw up a sabbath or something, it can be a perfect time to be full of gratitude for the atonement He offers us.
The real beauty is when the feasts become a joy; something to look forward to and not a burden but a delight.
psalm 119:47 וְאֶשְׁתַּֽעֲשַׁ֥ע בְּמִצְוֺתֶ֗יךָ אֲשֶׁ֣ר אָהָֽבְתִּי
And I will take pleasure in your commands which I love...

if your heart isn't in it ... then the timing may not be right.
I remember one time years ago I was heading out to teach and it was so hot so I was waiting till the last moment to put on my talit katan (undershirt with tzitzit-fringes). I almost forgot and as I was heading out the door I remembered but the thought was like "people will see you without your tzitzit". In that instant, the yetser hara (evil inclination) was trying to make the mitzvah about me, rather than about Hashem.
I decided to not wear my tzitzit that day at all. I did not want to perform the commandment if my heart was in a bad place about it. Instead I just put one blue thread in my pants pocket, unseen but known to me it was there.
A few more times of that happening and my response to just not do the mitzvah at all (or in a more private, albeit perhaps incorrect way) if my heart made it about me, and that thought stopped all together. I know in torah-keeping we so often end up in a "must be done" mentality and it is true that we need to do it; but as demonstrated in the prophets the manner in which we keep His commands is often just as important as the keeping; obedience demonstrates our love and gratitude for the righteousness He has granted us.
If anyone is new to Torah, the traditional Jewish way (which has stood the test of time I believe as far as wisdom goes) is to gradually introduce the mitzvot. When someone is a "baal teshuvah", someone repenting from leaving the Torah path, they also are instructed to first just do Shabbat. After shabbat other things can be added one bite at a time. Enjoy each morsel. It should be a joy. If anyone feels convicted to keep Torah then that's the way to do it; find ways to make it enjoyable. Get creative, make songs, do things with the kids, let them suggest new ways to keep old commands and be open to the Ruach leading how to obey properly.

Hope this helps someone. b'ahavat mashiach

We've started, very inexpertly but we've started.
I know in torah-keeping we so often end up in a "must be done" mentality and it is true that we need to do it; but as demonstrated in the prophets the manner in which we keep His commands is often just as important as the keeping; obedience demonstrates our love and gratitude for the righteousness He has granted us.
I get caught up in details and I know those details are not the point. For me it is a way to show G-d I love him and appreciate every thing Jesus has done for us. He knows our hearts and where we're coming from. I still feel that actions speak louder than words. My wife was talking to a person from work who says she's an Atheist, this woman's father use to tell her as a child that Jesus was real but an Alien not the Messiah. It started off with her asking my wife why was she always wearing a head covering. Then the reason why when they order pepperroni pizza or bacon cheeseburgers ,at work, she wouldn't eat them. Now she's wanting to talk about Jesus. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that showing G-d you love him is just as much for us and others as it is for G-d.

Last edited:
Thanks @aineo ill check it out. I use Zola's Introduction to Hebrew. For mine and my Kids Hebrew lessons.

Back