• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Please pray for this situation!

livenotyesterday

I would never ask for any prayers, but this situation is a desperate one. My nieces (3) and my other nieces (7 mon) are living seperately one with mom and the other with dad, they have different dads though. The baby has been in and out of motels and houses since birth and finally has ended up in my welcoming arms. My toddler niece lives with her dad's family out of town and all of them are/were on meth. I'm SERIOUSLY concerned for both of their well being, since the baby is nowhere near where she should be and mostly I don't want them following the footsteps of those around them. They have both been with me since Christmas and their mom agreed to let them live with my family (with me taking care of them) but my mom and step-dad are very cautious because of the stress it will bring. However, they sleep with me, I feed them, give them their daily baths, buy the food, dress them, play with them, wash the dishes, etc. basically I play new mom and although it's VERY hard to do this 24/7 I am willing to do it because I love them whole-heartedly. My prayer request is that this all works out and they stay with me in this safe, warm, healthy home of mine. They are so fragile and I feel like I'm the only one protecting them. I'm a little desperate, I prayed all night and I really hope it was heard.

Will definitely pray, both that they get to stay, and that you'll be strengthened for the task before you. Also that the legal situation may be clarified so that you'll be free to live, travel, and move where you need to with them without fear of legal problems or of having them taken from you for evil reasons -- such as holding you up with the threat of doing so to get money out of you.

Good for you for taking this on. May God lift you up. And, if my memory that you're single is correct, give you a family that will be totally supportive.

Praying....

I will pray for you and your family. More than that though is there anything we can do to help?

Deuteronomy 31:6-8 (New International Version)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Praying for your situation

LORD, I pray for livenotyesterday that you would confirm her role in the lives of these little ones, and will raise them for your sake in a safe environment, and that the fears or concerns of her parents would come to nothing, but that they would find unexpected peace and joy in it and that they won't regret it but will support it. I pray that they would all remember your Word, to not turn their back on their own flesh and blood. I pray that these little ones would be protected from all evil, taught your Word and Way, and be able to lead good lives. Father, take this situation into Hand, and use your servant who has opened her heart to these little ones, meeting every need she has and blessing her life with every good opportunity and happiness. In Jesus, Amen.

Back