• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Please pray our lost cat ZigZag

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
As part of our Tikkun (doing our part to repair the world as broken by people and spirits),
we aid and adopt street cats here in the Philippines.
We feed over 30 cats at the moment and we nuetor / spay them as we are able.
years ago there was a pregnant street cat we took in.
She gave birth and one of her kittens, ZigZag had a medium size tail which was bent and bent again at the end.
We named him ZigZag and he never went out on the street again.

I built the "indoor" cats we have a sanctuary of sorts here with green netting so they can go outside without escaping. That area connects to the basement which is their domain.
ZigZag used to often sleep on my bed and sometimes on Chava's bed (wife). The whole family is very close with him. When you hold your hand to your side without bending down he stands on his hindlegs to pet himself on your hand.
There was a hole over the basement door that ZigZag got out and up onto the terrace.
We let him play up there a bit as there are a couple cats allowed to stay up there as they don't leave.
Standing on the terrace Chavah mentioned to me, "we should fix that hole it would be so terrible if ZigZag ever got out; I love him so much." I agreed.
Next day he was gone.
Day after that was Yom Kippur.
Now it's 3 weeks. We've put up or passed out 1400 flyers; we made a "beacon" to call out his name 24x7 to the adjoining empty lots in case he passes by.
I crawled through a wall into the squatters area just about 200 yards from his escape point. Some kids told me some people eat cats over there.
Someone has been tearing down several of my signs. Many of them I have put up 4 times already on the same public trees / cement electrical posts which are riddled with ugly advertisements which go unmolested.
If it were America I would not be so worried.
Here it's been very very stressful, time-consuming, and heart wrenching. I'm exhausted physically, emotionally, spiritually.
I only asked a few individuals to pray before. Now I'm asking the whole BIb. Fam. community.
Please we need a miracle. To some this may sound stupid to have such love for a pet but it is my belief that for good polygamist men we must have very deep hearts capable of much much love.
For our family it's like a member is missing now. I can't bear the thought of him being eaten.
He's never been on the streets before; he's never had to deal with dogs before and there are many packs of them roaming around at nights here and it seems every house has a handful of barking dogs.
Most people are confused why I'm posting signs with reward for a cat not a dog.
His been with us about 5 years since his birth.
Please pray for ZigZag, that the L-rd will have mercy on us and bring him back safely and soon and that he is not suffering now.

ZigZag_collage2.jpg

Last edited:
Will do!

Prayers

Hope your cat returns.
Story of hope for you:
When I was young we had a cat that disappeared for around 9 months.. she returned. Another time, she climbed in a friend’s car and when they got home (miles away) she hopped out and ran away. Weeks later our dog barked all night long. The next morning she was sitting on our front porch as if the pup called her home. <3

Hope your cat returns.
Story of hope for you:
When I was young we had a cat that disappeared for around 9 months.. she returned. Another time, she climbed in a friend’s car and when they got home (miles away) she hopped out and ran away. Weeks later our dog barked all night long. The next morning she was sitting on our front porch as if the pup called her home. <3
Thank you for this encouragement. Ken yehi ratson (may it be His will). I like how your dog sensed her.
I had a beacon calling for him facing the empty lots. A neighbor asked Chavah to turn it off yesterday when I was out buying Sabbath supplies.
Thanks so much for the prayer support and the encouragement .

Today is Chavah's bday, would be so neat if he comes back today.

Beautiful cat, and I'm a dog man.
Prayers again for you friend.
Thanks brother. I like dogs too. Here in the Philippines, people generally like dogs as pets and it's rarer to like cats. Grocery store always has dog food in stock. Cat food it just depends which store and when; maybe 1 or 2 brands available maybe none.

There is then some effort to feed street dogs whereas life is much harder for the street cats.
I see it as part of our dominion over the Earth to be good rulers to all the souls in our care. It's interesting to me that the bible says animals have souls and spirits. It's particularly moving to me to notice emotions (other than anger) in animals.

Happy birthday to Chavah! I hope Zig Zag returns, and will certainly pray. Each animal is unique, and one cannot replace another.

I see it as part of our dominion over the Earth to be good rulers to all the souls in our care. It's interesting to me that the bible says animals have souls and spirits. It's particularly moving to me to notice emotions (other than anger) in animals.
We very much enjoy our animals, and watching interactions between them.
One night we were sitting in the barn watching the sheep while the chickens were flying up to roost. One hen flew up onto a ewe's back, and we watched that ewe cock her head and look at the hen, then step backward and to the side getting the hen closer to the perch she was trying to get to. As soon as the hen was within range she hopped up. Animals are quite intuitive, and it's surprising how much they understand.

Happy birthday to Chavah. Ish were still praying that zigzag will return.

Thank you so much all of you who are praying.
We are deeply moved. I will post here immediately when the servants of Adonai usher him safely and well-fed back to us!
We plead Psalm 5:4 "Oh Adonai in the morning You hear my voice, in the morning I lay out (my request) before you, and I'm on a high lookout!"

As part of our Tikkun (doing our part to repair the world as broken by people and spirits),
we aid and adopt street cats here in the Philippines.
We feed over 30 cats at the moment and we nuetor / spay them as we are able.
years ago there was a pregnant street cat we took in.
She gave birth and one of her kittens, ZigZag had a medium size tail which was bent and bent again at the end.
We named him ZigZag and he never went out on the street again.

I built the "indoor" cats we have a sanctuary of sorts here with green netting so they can go outside without escaping. That area connects to the basement which is their domain.
ZigZag used to often sleep on my bed and sometimes on Chava's bed (wife). The whole family is very close with him. When you hold your hand to your side without bending down he stands on his hindlegs to pet himself on your hand.
There was a hole over the basement door that ZigZag got out and up onto the terrace.
We let him play up there a bit as there are a couple cats allowed to stay up there as they don't leave.
Standing on the terrace Chavah mentioned to me, "we should fix that hole it would be so terrible if ZigZag ever got out; I love him so much." I agreed.
Next day he was gone.
Day after that was Yom Kippur.
Now it's 3 weeks. We've put up or passed out 1400 flyers; we made a "beacon" to call out his name 24x7 to the adjoining empty lots in case he passes by.
I crawled through a wall into the squatters area just about 200 yards from his escape point. Some kids told me some people eat cats over there.
Someone has been tearing down several of my signs. Many of them I have put up 4 times already on the same public trees / cement electrical posts which are riddled with ugly advertisements which go unmolested.
If it were America I would not be so worried.
Here it's been very very stressful, time-consuming, and heart wrenching. I'm exhausted physically, emotionally, spiritually.
I only asked a few individuals to pray before. Now I'm asking the whole BIb. Fam. community.
Please we need a miracle. To some this may sound stupid to have such love for a pet but it is my belief that for good polygamist men we must have very deep hearts capable of much much love.
For our family it's like a member is missing now. I can't bear the thought of him being eaten.
He's never been on the streets before; he's never had to deal with dogs before and there are many packs of them roaming around at nights here and it seems every house has a handful of barking dogs.
Most people are confused why I'm posting signs with reward for a cat not a dog.
His been with us about 5 years since his birth.
Please pray for ZigZag, that the L-rd will have mercy on us and bring him back safely and soon and that he is not suffering now.

View attachment 330
amen

Back