• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly friendly churches in boise

sparky256

Male
Any info from anyone about the area is appreciated. We just moved here and know not a soul around. We are not practicing but open to the leading of the spirit, and would like to be near like minded individuals. TIA.
Sparky

Sadly, that's fairly true. There are churches that won't kick you out, but probably not actually on the "pro poly" side.

You know I've wondered that about the Mennonites myself. I've never heard that any are open to the idea but simply wondered if they might be the type of reasonable Bible believing folks that would see the truth of poly being a godly option for family.

I've researched religions over and over again throughout my adult life and the Mennonites are way cool... I disagree with very little of their doctrine. (#1 most are absolute pacifists, #2 many don't fully believe in the Holy Spirit personage of the Trinity as most Christianity does) ... Anyways, there is a large community of them close to where I live and I think it's about time I begin a conversation with a good Mennonite brother down the street!

I'll report back soon as I can! :)

Rusty

I just had a friend drop into a casual conversation that his neighbor is a "polygamist Mennonite." I haven't worked up the nerve to go talk to the guy but I am dying to.

This is probably where I heard of polygamist Mennonites then. Its amazing how much information is on this board.

Any news on finding polygynists in Mennonite circles?

I talked to my friends neighbor. He is a practicing polygynist with two wives but he is not a Mennonite. He is a fiercely independent Torah observer. He does not appear to want much fellowship though so I haven't pushed him too hard. I think it can be hard for some practitioners to take us wanna-bes to seriously though. It may be he would be more welcoming to another poly family.

I talked to my friends neighbor. He is a practicing polygynist with two wives but he is not a Mennonite. He is a fiercely independent Torah observer. He does not appear to want much fellowship though so I haven't pushed him too hard. I think it can be hard for some practitioners to take us wanna-bes to seriously though. It may be he would be more welcoming to another poly family.
In your little world? Amazing. Guess it would be hard to tell just how many are living this out!

In your little world? Amazing. Guess it would be hard to tell just how many are living this out!

There is a surprising amount of interest in poly in our little corner here. We're not the hotbed Texas is but we're not as big either.

Not in my corner of the world. Even a whisper of it by me gets secularists and progressives tied up in knots. Go figure.

I've found that almost every man I talk to will enthusiastically endorse it in private. Its when the wimmin get involved is when they lay down and whimper.
Which is why we have now passed firmly into a matriarchal society. The rise of single motherhood, radical feminism, and emasculated husbands has thrust us into new territory.

There are basically no polygamy friendly churches anywhere.

The United Church of Christ is VERY open to consensual poly. It might not apply to every congregation but the denomination is very open.

The United Church of Christ is VERY open to consensual poly.
It doesn't looks like there is much they aren't open to. UCC has some fundamental issues that are not biblical at all. Here's one quick example from their About Us page.
United Church of Christ (UCC) said:
"...the first to ordain a woman, the first to ordain an openly gay man, and the first Christian church to affirm the right of same-gender couples to marry..."
We should [all] be cautious that our search for a church that is friendly towards or concentrates on one of our pet issues(1) doesn't come at the cost of accepting, or subjecting ourselves to repeated bombardment, teachings that are in blatant defiance to scripture.

(1) not meant derogatorily and not just regarding poly, but any topic or subject that seems to draw your attention more than other secondary or tertiary issue.

Back