• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly in the restoration of Israel

Pacman

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
So I had a conversation with @PeteR today and he brought up a very good point. Understanding, accepting and practicing poly is absolutely essential to the restoration of Israel. It is part of Torah and Yeshua will not be ok with us allowing our near kin to just be married off to the next available single guy... I’m hoping Pete will jump in here and explain his points in more detail because I’m not doing it justice... I wish I had a recording of the conversation...

Last edited:
Thanks... I guess @Pacman warned me he was gonna push this out there if I didn't start a thread... LOL.

One of, if not my major driving passion is to see the restoration of kol Israel. Kol is the Hebrew for 'all', and immediately makes one think that the current modern state of Israel is not 'all' Israel. And, that would be correct. Scripture is filled with references and prophecies detailing the return of the northern house of Israel. It is a topic I often consider on my blog. It is also the focus of a book I published, Ten Parts in the King: The Prophesied Restoration of God's Two Witnesses.

As we were talking, @Pacman was recounting the information regarding his fellowship asking him to teach a lesson or two about marriage, roles of men and women as well as what Scripture says specifically about polygyny. He was mentioning Isaiah 4:1 as a place in prophecy to build a case for poly in the future when I said, "No, that is just the icing on he cake. You have a much stronger case for plural marriage!"

Then, I shared some of these thoughts that I hope we can bat around and flesh out further....

Prophecy says in Ezekiel 48 that there will specific Land allotments to each tribe. We are told in multiple places (Isaiah 2, Micah 4, Deut. 18) that the Messiah will teach Torah and be like Moses (Moses is the measuring standard...). Therefore, Land allotments will demand that they always stay in the particular family is was given to.... So, that means the Messiah will be required, by His own Law, to employ Levirate marriage in certain circumstances. Further, other matters of marriage and family must be carried out according to Torah.

If that is so, then, the full restoration of kol Israel demands that all in the kingdom agree with and be willing to walk in plural, should the situation arise because the Messiah is not going to operate according to Greco-Roman practices or Western cultural practices. He will absolutely keep Torah.

Bottom line, we may not choose to walk plural but we must accept it as normative and equally righteous as a mono marriage. Further, in certain circumstances, we must be prepared to walk in it because it is the righteous fulfillment of the Torah whether it is our preference or not....

So, one essential for those who desire to live in the millennial kingdom under the rule of Messaih is a total acceptance and embracing of plural as a basic Torah principle.

Selah.

One of the biggest stumbling blocks is our toxic culture, how it swallowed the feminist anti family agendas. Birth control didn't help either, all works together to weaken and diminish family, especially powerful tribe type of family. When many men are not needed to lead and provide because you have the surrogate husband (state), then the family concept gets a decapitation of sorts.
Even family laws are by default, hostile to men in general. Many men give up eventually, all they see is how expendable they are.
Military still wants men to carry the agendas of the oligarchy, maybe? Wait, I think even there there's all this state trans agendas?
Crazy stuff, looks like some kind of cognitive warfare to damage humanity?

Perhaps the easiest way to start an interim patriarchal organization, then, would be to form local Messianic militias whose sole stated purpose is to provide the safety-net for our people when the failed state can no longer carry on a pretense at functioning.

Back