• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygamist Ancestory/Family History

wanderingsheep

I've been working on my family history and have come across what looks to be polygamist roots - what I'm struggling with is trying to figure out which children belong to which parent/spouse and finding that children are listed under multiple locations. What is the best way to sort this family history out and how can I find living descendants of those roots who may or may not be practicing?

http://www.familytreemaker.com/

this company may prove to be very helpful

I used that and Ancestry.com... I discovered a Poly family in my family tree as well... my great, great, grandfather had 7 wives all at once however only 3 or 4 had children. Very interesting! :)

It's always interesting to find a polygamist in a pair tree. :lol:

I found that my own great great paternal grandfather had three brides concurrently around the Civil War Era, two of whom were sisters. I believe there were 17 children in all.

sola scriptura said:
I'm interested in knowing if any of the ancestors mentioned who were polygamous were non-Mormon.
I would like to know also. But I did find out that i'm related to Joseph Smith through my 10th great grandfather John Howland, a man that came over on the mayflower.

Back