• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygamy foes look to amend constitution

I came across this article tonight. They seem to be beating a dying horse after the DOMA ruling. I think it's probably more like political posturing to the conservative right. The thing which keeps bothering me in most articles such as this is how they lead you to believe they are quoting a wide base of polygamy supporters, but the actual quotes are from polyamory groups. They want to paint all polygamy as some bisexual love fest. Not to mention how, to the media, polygamy is synonymous with incest, pedophilia and bestiality.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/polygamy-foes-look-to-amend-constitution/

I am not sure how or why he kept linking the possibility of polygamy with the possibility of incest. Although - the laws preventing consenting adults who are close relatives from marrying are to prevent inbreeding, so really if you are going to allow gay marriage then why cannot a gay couple be siblings? So I am speculating that maybe that is why he thinks it is part of the slippery slope? It was interesting to note that they do not like the Occupy Wall street Movement because that requires more government intrusion into people's lives and yet for some reason they want the government to define marriage and did not come to the conclusion that maybe....just maybe....things would be better if the government got out of the marriage business all together.

Back