• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygyny during times of upcoming hardship and economic depression

paterfamilias

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Unless you have been doing the head in the sand thing, you will be aware that there are at very minimum harder times than most of us can remember coming fairly soon on a global level. Possibly significantly worse than economic depression.

Where do you see the level of interest in polygamy for women going during harder times should they arrive?
I have my own notions but would like to hear the group's ideas, especially the ladies as you will have closer insight than the men.

Man, the dreams I've had 20 years ago are proving to be frighteningly prescient. I'm doing all I can to prepare and hunker down. I don't want to be a doom and gloom feller, but it's not looking rosy.

The hard times will very eventually produce a higher willingness on the part of women to embrace polygyny, but I think the work Kevin Samuels is doing in the black community and the way in which it already is rippling out into the white community will produce results much sooner.

At its root, female unwillingness to accept polygyny is only a symptom of the much deeper problem of women being unwilling to accept male leadership period, which is not fueled as much by feminism as it is the degree to which men have been willing to put up with it.

The hard times will very eventually produce a higher willingness on the part of women to embrace polygyny, but I think the work Kevin Samuels is doing in the black community and the way in which it already is rippling out into the white community will produce results much sooner.

At its root, female unwillingness to accept polygyny is only a symptom of the much deeper problem of women being unwilling to accept male leadership period, which is not fueled as much by feminism as it is the degree to which men have been willing to put up with it.
Kevin Samuels. Will have to look him up.

Unless you have been doing the head in the sand thing, you will be aware that there are at very minimum harder times than most of us can remember coming fairly soon on a global level. Possibly significantly worse than economic depression.

Where do you see the level of interest in polygamy for women going during harder times should they arrive?
I have my own notions but would like to hear the group's ideas, especially the ladies as you will have closer insight than the men.

I've long shared on BF that my personal observation is that in good times women don't choose poly but in bad times they do.

Like I came to poly while Obama was President and so did some other women. But NO ONE (women) I know in person or online came to poly while President Trump was running things. Now that Biden is ruining things I've had women contacting me again from my blog even though I barely keep it up anymore.

That means they have to be actively looking for a poly blog and not just reading recent posts.

I think it has to do with women seeking security. When times are good we can find it on our own and there's also a lot of non-poly men to choose from who are doing well. But when times are hard the choices are fewer which is why I think that poly will be attractive for more women who are disillusioned by the failures of societal promises. Debt is going to be a huge thing especially student loan debt that Biden isn't going to cancel and no one can escape. It's like slavery.

Poly can be a way out or an escape for women if their need is great enough. With hard times pushing more women into need then more women will consider poly.

The paradox of all of this is as times get hard for women they also get hard for the families looking for women/wives.

Which is why the one big thing in my church makes so much sense and that's getting rid of debt. If you don't have the uncertainty of debt hanging over your family then you are free to take risks like adding to your family.

Faith has got to be part of this too and men getting right with God in order to be MEN OF GOD has also got to be a priority. Weak men will not attract women in hard times. Strong men will naturally attract women but you have to first ask who is the source of our strength and that is God and our Lord Jesus, His Son.

I was not a Christian when I joined my family but I had no problem recognizing that the man who would be my husband was a leader and he was strong in his faith and strong in his love for God. No one needed to quote Scripture to me telling to me submit to my husband because it came naturally to me. I also don't think it would have mattered because I was not a Christian and quoting Scripture to me back then would have just seemed weird to me.

So yes there will be more women looking for families in the hard times we are living in.

But I say this to the men here; Will you be ready for them?

I've long shared on BF that my personal observation is that in good times women don't choose poly but in bad times they do.

Like I came to poly while Obama was President and so did some other women. But NO ONE (women) I know in person or online came to poly while President Trump was running things. Now that Biden is ruining things I've had women contacting me again from my blog even though I barely keep it up anymore.

That means they have to be actively looking for a poly blog and not just reading recent posts.

I think it has to do with women seeking security. When times are good we can find it on our own and there's also a lot of non-poly men to choose from who are doing well. But when times are hard the choices are fewer which is why I think that poly will be attractive for more women who are disillusioned by the failures of societal promises. Debt is going to be a huge thing especially student loan debt that Biden isn't going to cancel and no one can escape. It's like slavery.

Poly can be a way out or an escape for women if their need is great enough. With hard times pushing more women into need then more women will consider poly.

The paradox of all of this is as times get hard for women they also get hard for the families looking for women/wives.

Which is why the one big thing in my church makes so much sense and that's getting rid of debt. If you don't have the uncertainty of debt hanging over your family then you are free to take risks like adding to your family.

Faith has got to be part of this too and men getting right with God in order to be MEN OF GOD has also got to be a priority. Weak men will not attract women in hard times. Strong men will naturally attract women but you have to first ask who is the source of our strength and that is God and our Lord Jesus, His Son.

I was not a Christian when I joined my family but I had no problem recognizing that the man who would be my husband was a leader and he was strong in his faith and strong in his love for God. No one needed to quote Scripture to me telling to me submit to my husband because it came naturally to me. I also don't think it would have mattered because I was not a Christian and quoting Scripture to me back then would have just seemed weird to me.

So yes there will be more women looking for families in the hard times we are living in.

Been ready for a while

Been ready for a while
I'm so glad to hear about God's good work in you and your family! Praise be to Christ!

I'm sure you are also petitioning your Master, the Lord Jesus Christ. If and when it is His will, He will provide (and our seeking can be part of that). If and when it isn't His will, then you really don't want it anyway, right? He is in control. He knows what is good for us.

Waiting is hard

I think Megan is right. Women seek security. Over the last several soft and decadent decades, they could provide it for themselves, or big daddy government would take care of them if they couldn't. Likewise, even weak and foolish men were generally able to support a wife and children.

Times are definitely getting harder. I think it is going to be much worse than most of us realize (and we are people who recognize a lot of the problems). A lot of people probably won't make it.

Men, we need to get strong, and get prepared. A true, deep, and abiding faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is infinitely more important than everything else.

A lot of us are preppers or homesteaders, but we really honestly need to faithfully abide in Christ far more than we need food, cash, land, muscles, skills, guns and ammo, silver and gold, cattle and chickens, gardens, pastures, fruit trees, solar panels, tools, filters, radios, etc.

Spiritual preparation is priceless. Mental and physical preparation is good. I do advise having all the things I mentioned above.

Like Megan mentioned, freedom from debt is huge. That should be a priority for anyone with debt.

I think taking care of our existing family is going to be difficult enough, and we really need to get strong if we hope to add one or more additional wives. I hope to add one more, so I need to really focus on getting stronger in every way.

Last fall, my employer required all employees to take the COVID scam injection, or risk losing their jobs. I refused to take it (and haven't lost my job yet). The fact that we are totally debt free, and maintain a large emergency fund helped embolden me to do what I knew was right. Some of my coworkers (who live more like regular Americans) believed that the injection was nefarious but were still compelled to take it for fear of financial strain.

Like Dave Ramsey says "Live like no one else, and later on you can live like no one else".

"The paradox of all of this is as times get hard for women they also get hard for the families looking for women/wives."

"Weak men will not attract women in hard times. Strong men will naturally attract women"

"So yes there will be more women looking for families in the hard times we are living in."

"But I say this to the men here; Will you be ready for them?"

One thing that occurs to me after reading Megan's commentary is that I do seem to be having significantly more luck recently...for values of luck. More nibbles and times at the plate as it were. I had thought that going ahead and putting my ugly mug on my dating profile or being more up front about my politics might have played a goodly role but I suppose that the number of new women popping up on the one dating site we use does seem to be accelerating. Just in this year I met two young women with good attitudes towards several kids, the family dynamics I am looking at who were willing to pull the trigger but unfortunately had disqualifying aspects...four more who would have made good potential wives but who decided I was apparently the disqualifying aspect lol...another who is more of a pal but one never knows where that will go and as of the last few days a young lady who had previously last year decided it was not for her has come back into our lives and reexpressed interest, woohoo. I think that sounds like a lot, no idea what the rest of the lads are seeing.
End result is that in this one small area, there may be more reason to feel optimistic about the future.

Been ready for a while
On the subject of being ready: to have a farm, MREs, lots of ammo, spring water, or whatever is irrelevant if I am not prepared first spiritually, then mentally, and lastly physically. I have been involved with prepers for years. My dad was a preper. Before he passed he finally agreed that lastly should be physically prepared. Polygyny is surely a big help to a family in thriving in chaos. Surely one of the reasons why God instituted it. In preparing, and on the same line of polygyny, it would help exponentially if polygynous families could come together to build a thriving community. With all the many gifts, talents, and skills about what works (and what doesn’t) the learning curve is greatly shortened. The problem from the beginning, and even for God, is getting others to live for others (serving) and not just for self. Hence the state the world is in is due to extreme narcissism (self-love).

An addition, and many of us have experienced this, you get one person not committed to living for others (the two greatest laws), then they can cause a load of problems for a group, be it polygyny, a small group, a large group, or a community. A good example was Judas. Though it was a part of God’s plan, it still caused massive problems at that moment. These similar events in our preparing are most critical because one poor spiritual problem creates a plethora of mental problems and even more physical ones. As I I have said in teaching students. It’s not good enough that everyone is ON the same page. Everyone first must be IN the same book. It is an revealing metaphor to get a group of people in a room, give each a different book, and then have each begin reading from the same page. Just noise or babel. 😬 There is not a greater blessing as a man and husband than to be blessed with a wife/Lady that knows exactly what your thinking, you don’t have to verbally communicate it, and she does it. Lynn IS that Lady (Proverbs 31). 🥰

Back