• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polymonogynist

The same kind of "ready for expansion" attitude also applies to children. Parenting habits & attitudes of only 1 or 2 children are neither practical or desirable when applied to 5 or 9. My childless friends are appalled at how I treat my children. While I am appalled at how anthropomorphic they treat their dogs.

The same kind of "ready for expansion" attitude also applies to children. Parenting habits & attitudes of only 1 or 2 children are neither practical or desirable when applied to 5 or 9. My childless friends are appalled at how I treat my children. While I am appalled at how anthropomorphic they treat their dogs.

Lol, I hear my buddies talk about their parenting and I can't help but laugh. No wonder they only have one or two kids. II wouldn't want one if I had to do it their way.

But you're right, it is the exact same concept.

You mentioned "caring for widows" in your article as one purpose for polygyny. While true, my circle of "Christians" have largely had the attitude so strongly expressed by my mother. "I could handle you coming out as a homosexual better than this ... It's too perverted to even mention it by name!"

You mentioned "caring for widows" in your article as one purpose for polygyny. While true, my circle of "Christians" have largely had the attitude so strongly expressed by my mother. "I could handle you coming out as a homosexual better than this ... It's too perverted to even mention it by name!"

It freaked my dad out so bad that he has threatened to disown me if I ever do add a wife. It's a hard thing for some reason. I don't get it myself.

Nine is a good sized family. We have seven at home and 13 total. It's always nice to meet another father of nations.

Just finished reading it with hubby and we both think it was well written!

Now we're laughing at the comments already posting and nodding our heads up and down.

Hubby says "The problem now days are we live in a society that raises children to believe they are entitled. That attitude is not scalable, and robs joy from the parents, as those kids turn into the kind of people you would want nothing to do with. Even a wife if she feels entitled, and that every want or desire needs to be fulfilled would be a burden, not a blessing. A husband should be able to meet the needs of his family. If he builds on the right foundation, and has a biblical family (seek ye first) then the wants (all these things) are more likely to be realized for everyone."

Our daughter has been seeing first hand while babysitting how different parenting can be, and how stressful. Our nine are blessings that make us want more, and two is a lot....when you are a modern parent.

1st wife's parents did disown her for not divorcing me when it happened. Even after #2 left, they're still reticent.

Finding a wife is difficult. I see just myself 5 days a week. Weekends are catch-up w family time before a return to the isolation of the open road. In order to build a relationship, you have to see the person regularly or at least communicate regularly & see them in different situations. Merely saying "Hi" to a stranger / aquaintance at church every Sunday doesn't build a deepening relationship w anyone.

Great article Zec...very well thought out and balanced...i say your hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice article Zec!

I took that as more of a joke, but it is one purpose. Though it won't be a very convincing argument as too many believe that the family and church needn't care for them because the state is there to do it!

Zecster!
If I told you what I really thought about your article, I would probably be accused of something excessively weird, like having a man-crush or something.
But it was seriously awesome. You have fleshed out the concept brilliantly.

I find this article to be very good advice all around... polymonogamous... I like it. Good job.
Sometimes being a good husband, means being a great man.

BTW, where do we get newsletter notification?

Thx.

Back