• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Practical Plural Living: A Guide for Marriage, Family and Day to Day Life

C

Cap

There was a thread created a long long time ago, http://www.biblicalfamilies.org/forum/threads/practicum.8937/#post-96730

Within @Doc gave it a new title.

I appreciate the recent posts. I think it should go without saying that we must be wise as serpents, and as harmless as doves, especially as it relates to this topic.

I would still like to hear from some of the "long-timers" regarding the questions that this thread started with, especially as it relates to meeting the provisional needs of a plural family within the context of an opposing culture. I would especially like to hear how you dealt with issues like life insurance, health insurance, wills, power of attorney, etc.

Eventually, it would be great if we could combine some of these ideas into a 'how-to' manual on practical plural living.....

...."Practical Plural Living: A Guide for Marriage, Family and Day to Day Life"...I already have a title! :lol: :lol:

doc

@rusty_armor created the original thread,

There is a lot of theology in this forum, which is mostly good, if not a little tendentious of each persons convictions. But I have a greater interest in day-to-day living in a poly family. There is no dearth of Bible exegesis’s on this vast sea of data bits, and I can locate it any time I have the itch. But there is a real scarcity of practical, hands on information.

I have a lot of questions, and I would be so appreciative if you would put the sermons and Biblical exegiseses in one post, and how you dealt each or any of the following of the questions in another. You might even write of solutions to problems I haven’t even asked.

A few questions to start.

The spouses family:
How do you introduce yourself to your spouse(s) parents?
If your spouse had children from a previous marriage, how do you introduce yourself to them?
How do you handle crisis’s in your spouse(s) family, such as death and illness?
How do you celebrate your spouse’s family traditions, such as Easter, Christmas, birthdays, Passover?

How do you legally protect your spouse(s) in case of your death or disability?
How do you handle cash/credit card/check purchases?
What about the “ex-“?
How are your beneficiaries handled in insurance papers?
How do you conduct family devotions at home and in public?
What happens when a spouse leaves? How is property settled?

As you can see, questions, questions, questions.

Regards
Rusty

I wanted to try and pull out of it certain questions and see what others thought, or have come up with in their planning for the future in regards to the following concerns out of that discussion. There was some good information there but I just wanted to see if there is more as times have changed since that discussion.

How do you legally protect your spouse(s) in case of your death or disability?
How do you handle cash/credit card/check purchases?
What about the “ex-“?
How are your beneficiaries handled in insurance papers?
How do you conduct family devotions at home and in public?
What happens when a spouse leaves? How is property settled?

Lots of good topics.. may I suggest a series titled 'Practical Polygyny:-----'

In the '-----' list the specific area addressed, like 'Legal Protection for Spouse(s)'

Each thread could be a very nice repository for relevant questions, wisdom, advice, etc.

Back