• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for Al

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
The past couple of days my family and I have been blessed with the company of a homeless man named Al.

Monday a friend in another city was driving down the highway and saw a man walking. He stopped and offered the man a ride. He asked the man what his name was and where he was headed. The man said his name was Al and he was walking to the city I lived on over 100 miles away. He asked Al why was he going here and Al responded because G-d told me to. My friend immediately thought of me and when I gave the same response when he asked why was I moving to here. So stayed with him for 2 days during which my friend asked if when he brought Al up here if could bring Al over to my house. I agreed and In the last 2 days I've learnt a lot about Al. He's not homeless because he dosent have money. He gets Social security, he just doesn't believe G-d wants him to have the money. He keeps just enough for him to eat and the rest he spends on others whether its food, jackets, blankets, or what ever he sees someone needs. The only thing he has are the clothes on his back which he keeps clean, and a phone that he uses for his bible and a shower curtain he lays down on the ground to keep from getting dirty or wet. At first it would be easy to dismiss him as crazy, after all G-d doesn't want us to be homeless. But the more I listen to him talk about the great adventure G-d has put him on and how he has been protected for the last 10 years. He's never gone hungry, he has never been harmed, robbed, and when its cold he's always had a place to stay. I believe he is truly following G-d's will for him. He's wondered at times why G-d set him walking and he doesn't feel like he's been doing enough to serve. We've had some good conversations about G-d. Today he said that G-d said he had to start walking again. He's going to head out in the morning. Just so everyone knows it is below freezing around here and snowing in parts of Texas. I'm asking for everyone to keep Al in your prayers this winter

Last edited:
I am Praying for him on his Journey !
May God bless him and Keep him safe and His Body protected from the Weather Elements.

Back