• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for Israel's victory over Iran

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
ב"ה
Iran launched 12 missiles at Israel from Syria.
Please remember to pray for our troops and our leaders. May Hashem give wisdom to Netanyahu and all the IDF commanders as we respond to the Iranian threat at our doorstep.
May Hakadosh-barukh-hu (Holy one blessed be He) look past the iniquities of Tel Aviv and other stains on our country and remember His friend our Father Avraham with love and compassion.
Let's agree for zero casualties among our pilots and civilians and all abroad and in the land as well as protection for innocents in Syria.
May He demonstrate His might and power to the world through this conflict with Iran and may we be reminded of His sovereign glory and not boast in our great military as the means for salvation.
אֵ֣לֶּה בָ֭רֶכֶב וְאֵ֣לֶּה בַסּוּסִ֑ים וַאֲנַ֓חְנוּ׀ בְּשֵׁם־יְהוָ֖ה אֱלֹהֵ֣ינוּ נַזְכִּֽיר׃
הֵ֭מָּה כָּרְע֣וּ וְנָפָ֑לוּ וַאֲנַ֥חְנוּ קַּ֝֗מְנוּ וַנִּתְעוֹדָֽד׃

"These by chariot and these by horses but we are strong by the name of Adonai our G-d. They collapse and fall but we stand and shall not waver"
Ps 20:8–9

Father G-d, We come to you in Yeshua's Name to pray for Israel. Your Word says we should pray for the peace of Jerusalem, in Psalm 122:6, so we know it’s Your will to bless Israel and all the people who live there. In this new conflict with Iran it has renewed its importance. We ask You, Father, to keep them safe in this time of unrest. And, we thank You, Adonai, that no weapon that is formed against Israel shall prosper as promised in Isaiah 54:17, for You are protecting them according to Your Word. In addition, we pray for the people of Israel and the country itself to be healed and prosperous, because in Psalm 23:6 we are told that goodness and mercy follow those who have called you their Shepherd. Let this supernatural protection and deliverance cause many people who hear of it to give glory to You. Adonai, we pray in the name of Yeshua for Your emotional, physical, and spiritual protection over Israel. Keep evil far from them, and help them to trust You as their refuge and strength. We pray You will guard their minds from harmful instruction, and grant them discernment to recognize truth in theses days that will lead them to Yeshua HaMashaich. We pray You give them physical protection from Iran's assault. We pray You will make them strong and courageous in the presence of danger, recognizing that You have overcome and will set right all injustice and wrong one day. Help them to find rest in Your shadow, as they live in the spiritual shelter You provide for them. Let them know that the only truely safe place is in Yeshua, and that the assault on Your lands is only temporary. That soon Your Kingdom is soon at hand, remind them You are forever vigilant. May Adonai Bless them and keep them may Adonai make HIS face shine upon them and to be gracious to them. May Adonai turn HIS face toward them and grant them Shalom. Amen

Hosea 11:10 They will go after ADONAI, who will roar like a lion; for he will roar, and the children will come trembling from the west.

I am praying for peace.

To put this into perspective, Israel contains around 6.5 million Jews (at least half of which are secular so ~3 million followers of Judaism) and ~150,000 Christians (mainly Palestinian Arabs, so possibly better listed on the other "side" of the conflict).
Syria contains (or did last time records were collected) around 600,000 Christians, Lebanon around 1 million, Iran maybe 300,000 (though possibly 1 million, the church is well hidden and hard to count).

This fight is between largely secular Jews (the ultra-orthodox don't fight), and Shia Muslims. But if it spreads the collateral damage will be bombs landing on Christian homes in Syria and Lebanon (and possibly Iran), and Orthodox Jewish homes in Israel.

It is peace that is needed to protect God's people. In all conflicts peace may be achieved through the victory of one side, but also through cessation of hostilities for other reasons. As in this case the facts are highly questionable and difficult to distinguish from propaganda, on all sides, I'd prefer to just pray for the desired outcome (peace) and leave God, who knows all, to determine the righteous method by which to achieve it.

As I sat in the Old City of Jerusalem in 2004, praying for the peace a question entered into my mind:

"How can there be peace so long as the sons of violence sit in the seat of power?"

At the time, and to this day, I believe that question was spiritually significant.

Peace will only come when our people remember the covenants. I will pray for repentance and the peace it brings.

There are also just good guys and bad guys. And while there are no perfect guys it's very easy for me to choose who I would stand beside in this fight.

For me anyone who chants death to America and burns our Flag and talks about destroying us is obviously one of the bad guys (foreign or domestic). I can, will and do pray that the L-rd protects Christians in the middle east from violence an persecution but that doesn't mean I'm not going to pray for the defeat of the Regimes who rule over them, Regimes that want to murder me, enslave my Family and neighbors, and destroy christianity. No I'll pray for the peace that comes when the enemies of Adonai and all HIS people are made footstools.

Back