• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for me please

John_John916

I've been feeling really ashamed of myself lately. This entire February I've been in the dumps with many problems going on in my life. I just feel like there's not much magic left and I feel trapped. Please pray that I can overcome this and feel better soon. Thanks ;)

You asked for prayer not about a particular thing but for how you are dealing with things. We can/will pray that the problems (in general) will go away or perhaps for specific thing. Also I approach bad times as follows (or try to).

I do not use the word "magic". Living for the high times and the good times are self-defeating as they require bad times for contrast. I prefer a solution involving being filled with the Holy Spirit. Magic, instant gratification, drugs, entertainment, holidays, etc. all carry a temporary appeal. Most of us know the admonishment to be content such as in:
I Timothy 6:8
Hebrews 13:5
Philippians 4:11

Contentment is based in God. Other things can be good but without the contentment outsourced to God, we end up like the following:
Ecclesiastes 1:8-10 NIV
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
"Look! This is something new"?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.

But there is hope.

1 Thessalonians 1:6 (King James Version)

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

Back