• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for my wife to have faith

dpohlman

My wife is a first born and very independent. So much that in our third year of marriage, I said "maybe we should think about having kids" and she replied "you can not do that to me!". Get this, she did not want to have kids so she could serve God in missions! The good news is 20 years later, she is now ready to submit to me and be my helpmeet. Pray for her fears and for faith to trust God and me. Also pray for me to find work. I am a construction worker (plumber) and work is very slow, but God has and is providing! Thanks.

"First-born, independent/submitted helpmeet" here ready to pray! Sounds like an oxymoron, but that's the life that I live and so I can truly relate to your wife.
I have to trust that "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".
Have faith in the Father that He is changing her. Some of us need a little more "practice" at being good than others.

I am sewn together with the construction world just like you, only manufacturing cabinetry, I know how it is right now. I will pray for you and your wife, your business as well.

Paul

Back