• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for direction

adeolusodo

I need prayers for direction from GOD. I am new to the truth of Plural marriage which my church is against. I am a Priest in the Anglican (Episcopal) church in Nigeria. I know that this will definitely lead to sanctions from the church because I intend to start teaching people the truth of Plural Marriage. Now, the church have approved ordination for women and I am not in support of this.
I am now considering leaving the church instead of getting myself distracted from GOD's work through summons, queries and the like. Please pray for me.

likewise.

Praise the Lord for your willingness to stand on the truths of God's Word. May the Lord give you peace and strength as you seek His face.

I'm sure you are already aware of these verses but...

2 Chronicles 15:7 But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded."

Psalms 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Daniel 10:19 And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."

When it is the Lord's time He will move you, until then be strong and do what you do best and more of it.

P.S. Jehovah is a transliteration. To me it is like calling Yahweh "Dude".

Jehovah (pronounced /dʒɨˈhoʊvə/) is an anglicized representation of "the proper name of God". It is a transliteration of Hebrew יְהֹוָה, a vocalization of the sacred Tetragrammaton יהוה, the name that, according to the Bible, God revealed to his people.

Following what you said wouldn't it be more like calling the Prime Minister 'Steve'? Its informal but it's not slang. In the context of his signature its not even informal.

Whatever you care to use...the point is, it is NOT nor was it ever God's name. It is a transliteration, the mixing of two to make one which didn't exist before. To me those who call Yahweh Jehovah are no different than those who call Him Allah in that they are not using His name... neither of those names is a name of the one true and living God Yahweh.

Fellas, please do not diminish the integrity of this thread and prayer request by starting another discussion here.
My brother, I too, am praying for you for God's wisdom, leadership and to give you courage to do His bidding.
Blessings,

John

Thank you, John. I too am satisfied that God knows clearly who is being addressed, and that i isn't the issue of this thread.

Adeolusodo, our brother, you are on a path that will be very interesting. You can expect "losses" and "benefits" galore.

Your detractors and discouragers, the Job's Friends of your life, will see only the losses. They'll weep and wail and wring their hands and remind you unendingly of all you have lost or yet stand to lose.

On the other side of the equation stand those of us who've gone (through that) before. We'll mostly be Yabuts on the positive side. 'Yabut look at all the rewards ahead!" "Yabut think of how your heart has quickened ALREADY whie discovering the beauty and harmony of God's plan in His word." "Yabut the benefits VASTLY outweigh the losses! Come on, let's keep pressinmg ONward!" "Yabut hasn't your walk with Jesus grown sweeter already?"

So don't worry, my friend. The naysayers will stay right where they are. All us Yabuts will be havin fun w3orking this all out together with God.

i pray that you preach the true word and that He be with you in it
sad to say, the decision to leave may get made for you

To all the good folks that visit this site...my apologies, I should have simply sent a private message.

To my Father in heaven...hallowed be thy name...

I respect your resolve to stand on the truth of His Word. May the Lord continue to lead you and give you clear direction for where He wants you and the purposes He has for you as you seek Him.

Back