• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer needed

nikisdad

Please pray that God will show me what is right concerning my "girlfriend".

My lovely wife is trying to be supportive yet I can tell she is worried. We have been going through allot with this relationship, from rejection to reconciliation ( I pray). This woman is my wife's best friend and I know it probably hurt her more than me. :( I want to honor God yet show these women how much I love them and be the best leader of my home that God wants me to be! Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing that.

My wife is very supportive and I want her to be happy with this PM and eventhough we both have peace about this being the right path, I struggle with leaving it at the foot of the cross.

prayin, my brother

just remember that if the enemy is against it, that just might be mean that you are going in the right direction

As a supportive first wife, I can tell you most assuredly that supporting the theory of PM is far easier than supporting the reality of PM. No matter how much a first wife readies her heart to rejoice in this new way of life, there will still be times when the reality of it all hits very hard.

Think of it in the context of a woman having a baby. Having a baby is one of the most amazing experiences a woman can ever enjoy, but the reality of being responsible for this precious new life can be very overwhelming at times. It doesn't mean the mother loves the baby any less, it just takes time to adjust to this new season in life, and all the different emotions it brings.

I think it's very much like this with PM. Time and adjusting help quite a bit.

Follow the Lord, be patient and comforting to your first wife and your future wife and keep going the direction that the Lord leads.

Back